• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pubs around thof..

James

Established Member
Hopefully i shall be celebrating into the early hours. Might get the earliest train back in the morning if that's the case. That, or i'll definitely be soaking up the atmosphere in the pins and woodbine. Either way, look out for two fairly tall brothers, one with a freshly printed arshavin shirt on, and that's most probably me :lol:

Kraig

Established Member
Anyone gonna be heading to a pub by the ground for todays game? Me and the missus are on our way down now and would be good to see a few mania posters out and about. :D

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Im off in around 30 min with my son
Weatherspoons near Highbury and Islington station is good pub cheap food too
Also in Holloway rd is The Rocket(North London University ) cross the rd from H and I station walk up Holloway Rd and you come to it

air

If it all works out I'll be in London for the Man Utd and City matches. I've been to the Pins once so I'll probably head there. I'll be the one sitting alone saying curse words in Finnish.

xcdude24

Established Member
Can anyone recommend me a good pub to eat at around the emirates? Preferably somewhere where I can actually get a table and isn't ridiculously overpriced.

beck

Established Member
try the coronet on holloway rd.
its a wetherspoon so not the best atmosphere but it was an old cinema so it is massive and i think its luvly inside. if you want a bit of life have your burger or whatever your preference and stroll up to the rocket where i,m told its lively.i like tommy flynns on the corner of liverpool and holloway rd

xcdude24

Established Member
beck said:
try the coronet on holloway rd.
its a wetherspoon so not the best atmosphere but it was an old cinema so it is massive and i think its luvly inside. if you want a bit of life have your burger or whatever your preference and stroll up to the rocket where i,m told its lively.i like tommy flynns on the corner of liverpool and holloway rd

Sounds good, Beck. I'll have to check those places out soon.

Do you ever go to the Woodbine? It's pretty close to the stadium and I was told the food there is pretty decent.

beck

Established Member
used to go there when we was at highbury,just that little bit further from the emirates though and i generaly park or come in by train on the other side. a good pub for a barby burger 5pnd in the duchess of kent in liverpool rd but the beer is a bit pricey in there.
loads of decent places to eat on holloway rd.might be better to do the eating and drinking seperatly

xcdude24

Established Member
Can anyone tell me where I can watch the CL game against Alkmaar next week in London? Doesn't necessarily have to be north london; in fact, the closer to King's Cross/Bloomsbury/central London, the better.

Kilgallon

Another question, hope to get a reply by tomorrow lol.

I've got a mate coming to London for the Brum game. Is the 12 Pins showing the game? If not, any other pubs that will?

Cheers :)

xcdude24

Established Member
As I posted earlier, I'm looking for a pub to watch the match on Tuesday. I was told that the twelve pins accross from the Finsbury Park station or the Gunners on Blackstock road are two of the better locales. Does anyone prefer one over the other to watch a match? How early should I get there if I actually want to be able to see the TV?

Freagle

I am visiting London on the 29th of January, is there a local pub for gooners to meet? I want to watch the Man U game and Chelsea game in a pub but I have never been in one to be honest. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Oh and I hope you have nothing against Arabs :(..

Cheers.

xcdude24

Established Member
Freagle said:
I am visiting London on the 29th of January, is there a local pub for gooners to meet? I want to watch the Man U game and Chelsea game in a pub but I have never been in one to be honest. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Oh and I hope you have nothing against Arabs :(..

Cheers.

Twelve Pins in finsbury park should show it. They usually have a cover charge, but they give you a couple drinks in return. Get there early.

EastBelfast_Cannon

Always said I would head to the pins to check out the pre-match atmosphere when I get over. I see its big with the Irish gooners, lets hope non of them hold an anti-northern ireland feelings and decide to burn the flag haha!

Freagle

I'm going to the pins tomorrow with a couple of gooners, anyone fancy to meet up there? Cheers.

Wokich

I'm also in London for the first time. Gonna be here for the Chel$ki match, so am thinking 12-pins after reading this. The issue I see is I'm with my wife. Is that gonna be okay or would it be a mistake to bring the little lady?

Latest posts

Top Bottom