• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pundits and their wisdom

iBod

I enjoyed Ballack as well, used to be one of my favourite players. When he said he was most impressed by fabregas vs PSG, the douches looked at him like 'wtf bro?', he said fab controlled the game, makes great decisions, then a few days later vs City cf did the same things just more aggressively, everyone praised him...
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/21/cesc-fabregas-manchester-city-chelsea

My fav moment from pundits was Rio cracking jokes at Gerrard about someones clothes and overstaying your welcome in the game

OG J0E

I enjoyed Ballack as well, used to be one of my favourite players. When he said he was most impressed by fabregas vs PSG, the douches looked at him like 'wtf bro?', he said fab controlled the game, makes great decisions, then a few days later vs City cf did the same things just more aggressively, everyone praised him...
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/21/cesc-fabregas-manchester-city-chelsea
Looks like Ballack has forgiven Cesc for spitting at him that time, then :lol:

IchirotoV2

Getting real tired of the pundits saying "there's no excuse for Arsenal to not win the PL, as the other top teams are so inconsistent". We are inconsistent too, especially lately, maybe not to the same degree but still. And why should there be an excuse for these other 'top teams' to not win the title this season? Why should there be an excuse for Chelsea to be 12th in the league?

Doing my head in, that.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Getting real tired of the pundits saying "there's no excuse for Arsenal to not win the PL, as the other top teams are so inconsistent". We are inconsistent too, especially lately, maybe not to the same degree but still. And why should there be an excuse for these other 'top teams' to not win the title this season? Why should there be an excuse for Chelsea to be 12th in the league?

Doing my head in, that.
They're setting up a scenario in which we won't win with the media no matter what happens.

We finish 3rd or 4th: We will get the typical 3rd/4th place stick.

We nearly miss out on the title: We should have won it, will never get a chance again, too weak, etc...

We win the title: Of course they won it, league was weak, lets see what they can do next year.

We will be criticized no matter what.

Last edited:

General

Established Member
Steve MacManaman is another rent a clown at BT Sport. The NLD was painful to watch with him commenting and I think he was drunk. Glen Hoddle was ok and I don't think BT Sports need 3people commenting on a game. Liverpool have by far some of the biggest tossers as pundits. I don't think football fans deserve this garbage.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I feel sorry for those who are actually paying money to isten/watch Savage, Hargreaves and f*cking Owen spew sh!t.

Last edited:

General

Established Member
I actually don't mind Savage as he engages brain occasionally whereas with Owen and Mac it's consistent garbage. It just shows the bubble these ex footballers live in, earning a free pass to punditry simply because they've kicked ball before. I hope BT Sport goes under like Setanta. Horrible coverage and horrible coordination all round.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Doing my head in, that.

Because we have proven unable to win it when the elites are on form, money being our excuse, so there ought not to be an excuse for us not to win it when we're fighting lower teams for the league. That's why.

The elites have won it in the past decade, we have not. Excuses have run out for us.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
BT Sport is getting better slowly, Owen seems to be doing less games. I miss Gray/Keyes commentary at least they seemed to enjoy watching it. A lot of commentators these days sound like their going to sleep.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
BT Sport is getting better slowly, Owen seems to be doing less games. I miss Gray/Keyes commentary at least they seemed to enjoy watching it. A lot of commentators these days sound like their going to sleep.

Tbh, I'm very grateful for beIN sports. I enjoy the punditry on there most of the time, especially the guest pundits, and the game commentary is miles ahead of anything SKY or BT get.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

Martin Tyler, I think, is the best modern day commentator. While with BT I always seem distracted by the commentary, on Sky he seems to let it flow naturally. He'll keep you engaged without annoying you or taking anything away from the match. Which is all I really want, lol. BT never really can last a match without making me groan at something stupid they say.

He'll also have an OTT reaction about anything, which is always fun. Just a guy who genuinely loves the sport.

illmatik

Established Member
Oh my i watched sheva as a guest on a football talk show (forgot what it was) and it was so awkward. Not only was his english awful, but he said some pretty clueless stuff

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
beIN sports have by far the best pundits especially during the champions leagues matches. I don't watch champions league on BT, I switch over to beIN and enjoy the in depth analysis of people with no hidden agendas, who also know what the f*ck they're talking about.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Champions League doesn't feel as big on BT sport, think it could just be the commentary but Sky/ITV both gave it a certain presence and aura.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I can't believe BT have such a fantastic European Football panel team in Julien Laurens, James Horncastle and Raphael Honigstein but have the likes of Owen, Savage, Macca, Hargreaves, David James and that miserable sod Scholes commentating of games.

On the whole Keown and Le Tissier are my favourite two pundits.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
I actually don't mind Savage as he engages brain occasionally whereas with Owen and Mac it's consistent garbage. It just shows the bubble these ex footballers live in, earning a free pass to punditry simply because they've kicked ball before. I hope BT Sport goes under like Setanta. Horrible coverage and horrible coordination all round.
tumblr_nq70ksWMGH1uslnmno1_400.gif

Stoneh

I can't believe BT have such a fantastic European Football panel team in Julien Laurens, James Horncastle and Raphael Honigstein but have the likes of Owen, Savage, Macca, Hargreaves, David James and that miserable sod Scholes commentating of games.

On the whole Keown and Le Tissier are my favourite two pundits.

Owen is the worst, absolute plank. Scholes is one miserable bastard and should stay home. He was lucky he was in a side surrounded by great players.

****** had a pop at us again, saying Utd shouldnt be celebrating 4th and a cup win like Arsenal. Only Wengoid and the board might be happy and celebrate 4th not the fans!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Scholes telling someone to smash Lallana...

So instead of sorting out their own performances they should stop others playing football. Do other countries have to put up with this type of crap.

Stoneh

Scholes telling someone to smash Lallana...

So instead of sorting out their own performances they should stop others playing football. Do other countries have to put up with this type of crap.

Cant say im surprised by that comment by him. That mentality needs to be eradicated at grass roots. Learn to pass and shoot... not smash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom