• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pundits and their wisdom

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cant say im surprised by that comment by him. That mentality needs to be eradicated at grass roots. Learn to pass and shoot... not smash.

Having worked at grass roots level it’s ridiculous how prevalent that sort of mentality is. I’m certain I’ve seen several that could of gone on to make it professionally quit quite young because they just lost interest with the ‘let him know you’re there’ type ****.

Stoneh

You area spot on mate. I know someone working in coaching and the system is outdated, its changing but too slow.

They focus so much on winning that it stops being enjoyable. Kids are told to cut out the fancy stuff and getting stuck in.

Another aspect which he was strongly against was that at very young age, smaller kids are being over looked because they think they wont make it. So they encourage big strong guys and ignore smaller builds. Killing their confidence and potentially caus them to lose interest and leave the game. Its going to be a long time before we find a english Xavi or Innesta.

Parents are the biggest culprits though. Shouting and screaming, putting pressure on young kids. The kids stop enjoying it, which at that age it the most important aspect in their develooment.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Cf232C4W8AAyptO.jpg

Ivanovic. :lol:

adpree

Think the pundits and media are bored of going after Wenger and arsenal these days. Our flaws have been analysed enough and its basically been similar issues that have manifested themselves in various forms.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Think the pundits and media are bored of going after Wenger and arsenal these days. Our flaws have been analysed enough and its basically been similar issues that have manifested themselves in various forms.
You'd be tried of talking about the same sh!t for over a decade as well. Arsène has succeeded in completely transforming the club from great to mediocre with no ambition, belief, hunger and above all winning mentality in one decade. Thank you Arsène. I've never hated an Arsenal player in my entire life, but now I can't stand most of them.

Jerome_Gooner

Kante - Dier
Mahrez - Özil - Payet
Kane or Vardy
Surely the front 6 of the team of the season should look like this.
Keep Delle Alli, Lukaku and KDB to the bench, let's be reasonable.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Sad day in English football, if not world football, as Gary Neville is walking away from any future head managerial roles.

Valencia broke him, what a shame. If only his love of oranges would have gone further to win over his players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Management is another ball game. Neville had to learn the hard way that he's a piece of **** in the management game.

OG J0E

Don't see why Neville's management failure has led to criticism of his punditry, no less good a pundit than he was before.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Punditry is not difficult if you're analysing matches after the games have been played.

What they struggle to do is predict the correct results in advance (w,l,d), even though they do nothing else but study players, managers and tactics all the time.

This just emphasises how much luck and refereeing decisions come into play.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Punditry is just hindsight, and even then some of the stuff they come up with makes you scratch your head. It doesn't take much talent besides being a good presenter.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I rarely learn anything from what the pundits on Sky or BT says, but Neville can come up with some valuable insight so I respect him for that.

OG J0E

Punditry would be a lot better if it was treated more like forecasting - there's so much pressure on football pundits (and others) to give definitive yes/no answers. We know Arsenal finishing top 4 is the only certainty in football, and everything else belongs on a scale of probability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom