• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Put that fag out!' - Highbury smoking ban now in force

solthegunner

Im a smoker but i understand banning it during the game. I've smoked regularly for the last 8 odd years but never really during the game, only if i've had a few beers before hand!
The proximity of people around you that dont smoke must make it uncomfortable for them.
As long as you can at half time its fine.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Well, I gotta say that though I do a couple of jays a night, I'm not a smoker but it seems a bit heavy handed to me. I don't think smoking's that much of a problem in the open air, though obviously it ain't pleasant having someone's Rothman floating across your face. The concourses will be dangerous places at half time!

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah as a non-smoker i find it horrible when someone in front or next to me is smoking..its horrible.

dafish

lol... the title in *canadian* sounds like putting that gay out of it's misery or something.

anyways i'd put up with the smoke if i was at highbury. unfortunately it looks like i'll never be there and see the clock tower myself before arsnal move :cry:

solthegunner

OneteaminLondon said:
it ain't pleasant having someone's Rothman floating across your face. The concourses will be dangerous places at half time!

Thats it in a nut shell. The concourses are going to be thick with smoke but having smoke across your face during the game aint great.

Just a front runner so that can ban it completely in ashburton grove if you ask me.

marco

but in the concourse its gonna be much worse. im not a smoker but there are a lot of things worse than passive smoking

afcpaul

thank god!
so pisses me off when people blow smoke in my face from 6 rows or whatever infront. the smell makes me sick

air

Well I suppose smoking will eventually be banned just about everywhere. I think there should smoking areas at the new stadium so that people who wish could smoke at half time.

tox

I smoke, but i rarely spark up a ciggy when watching the game, simply because i can wait 45 minutes for a ciggartte and i know people around me don't like it when my smoke drifts into their face.

koivu

As a non-smoker who is actually allergic to smoke, this is great news to me and comes as a surprise. After getting used to smoke-free environments back home, dealing with smoke all over again wasn't fun when I moved here. But this helps, i'm a happy camper. :)

Gunner Ossie

Hooray a damn good idea hopefully anyone caught smoking will be banned for life and then forced to sit and watch videos of every single liverpool game since gerrad goolier took charge. Oh well, maybe it would be more humane to just have then hung drawn and quartered. :lol: :lol:

I've never had a problem with smoke at highbury but I can see that if there was smoke in your face during the game it would be annoying and ruin the enjoyment! so its a good thing!

zodos

I am a non-smoker and don't like smoky environments, but I have never really considered it a problem at highbury. I have only had an issue with it during the recent ManCity game when a chain-smoker sat next to me. Boy, was it awful!!!

Mark

Established Member
I hate the smell of smoke too but I can't say it's really been a problem for me at Highbury. Good to ban it anyway.

stormtrooper

i am a non smoker and if someone smokes next to me at highbury and to be honest it doesnt bother me one little bit and i presume most of you people must stay away from pubs.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
You will be wearing a seat belt next.

Cant see them stopping us smoking a joint in the CE. The place isnt the same without the smell of weed :wink:

Roll on Munich. 3,000 proper gooners drinking, standing, smoking and singing.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom