• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Put that fag out!' - Highbury smoking ban now in force

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I think its a smart thing. Over here they've banned smoking in pretty much all the public venues and its much more better while watching a game, or watching a concert and so on.

DOUBLE-YOU

i'm not a smoker and i hate the smell of smoke.....but there i have to say there is somehting unique about the smoke at a game which adds to the atmostphere.

it will be missed

Chips&CurrySauce

Personally I don't see what the problem is.. Smoking in a stadium is not smoking in a confined space, the smell drifts away after a couple of seconds... Its typical that the smoker always gets slammed whilst its perfectly acceptable to drive around in your huge V8 petrol guzzling Jeep... Next they'll be banning swearing in the stadiums aswell... Traditionally the football stadium is a working man's place where he can go and unwinde on a Saturday afternoon, enjoy a few drinks and a couple of fags... Usually I have a J before i get into the stadium, too calm the nerves obviously, and I don't actually smoke when I'm inside, but other people smoking really doesn't bother me at all!

Spartan

i suppose it was inevitable, but it just seems stupid cos your allowed to smoke in the concourses which is a confined space!!! wtf??!! i dunno, it just seems a bit extreme, at the end of the day its open space....

btw im a former smoker, stopped 8 weeks ago :D

seb_afc

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Next they'll be banning swearing in the stadiums aswell...

when i was up at old trafford i was right next to the police and we started singing "who the **** are man utd" and the ****ing policmen told me to watch my langauge otherwise he would have to take matters more seriously...i mean ffs thats just pathetic. there are 3000 gooners swearing and hes telling me to stop swearing so i just had to miss out the swear words...i mean how pathetic.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Spartan said:
northern police are wankers

Not all of them.

As for the person who suggested that smoking might be banned at concerts- can you really imagine a gig without weed? It's part of the ambience, even when I didn't smoke, I enjoyed it

Spartan

it felt weird clubbin in new york with no smokin...mind you the atmosphere was so clean. everyone was standin outside for a snout!! :lol:

the dawn raids

Established Member
air said:
Well I suppose smoking will eventually be banned just about everywhere. I think there should smoking areas at the new stadium so that people who wish could smoke at half time.

that what i was gonna say. banning smoking is all the rage now; soon it will only be possible to smoke in your house at 3 am for 5 minutes or something. :shock:

seanconvey66

Theres a bloke in front of me who smokes like a chimney, must be about 60 per game, try that out for 90 mins every home game for the last 15 years, (since i got my season ticket) not very nice.

Top Bottom