• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Qatari Investment In Arsenal

Would you be happy if PSG's owners bought Arsenal?

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

It seems that the Sports Investment Authority in Qatar is looking forward to a new investment in European clubs, after a distinguished experience in the French Premier League. Premier League, from the Arsenal club gate. Speculation about the Qatari tendency to invest in the Premier League comes after a tweet written by Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani, the former president of the Qatari Al Arabi Club, who had previously dealt positively with the news of Paris Saint-Germain in the previous period, especially by announcing the contract with the legend Lionel Messi before the official announcement. He also tweeted through his account on "Twitter", in which he stated "the next period .. 7 months" and attached the logo of the English club Arsenal, which appears to be close to being sold by its current owner, Englishman Stan Kroenke, who owns the exclusive property of the ancient club and is estimated at its value finance amounting to approximately £7.5 billion.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Will they get rid of Arteta and bring in someone competent? If so then I'm onboard baby!

But seriously, it's a no thanks from me as well.

no-thanks-jeff-annoyed.gif

Perhaps it's stubbornness or even hypocrisy (seeing as we're already owned by a billionaire) but I'd rather not us turn into another City.

I suspect I may be in the minority.....

Edit: I will say though that I'm much less averse to it now, than I was in the past.

Partly because in 100 years when people are looking back at the titles we've won (or any other club has won) I don't know if it'll matter that the club was bankrolled when winning the trophies.

Additionally James from the Athletic said something on the Arsecast Extra that really hit a note. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) that when he went to the Chelsea game one of the Arsenal fans was screaming "Sh!t club, no history" at Chelsea. And whilst it was admirable, he felt that nobody really cares anymore.

More and more I feel like people are caring less unless it's taken to its extremities like with PSG.

But still with all of that I'd still rather not lol.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not sure the Man City comparisons would be totally accurate.

Let's no forget Man City were a nothing club for pretty much all their history pre-investment. That's not the case with Arsenal.

Still would be lukewarm on a Qatari takeover though.

Henry boi

Is this story even credible, I mean Arsenal are clearly the most marketable club one could get atm despite it's failures recently

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is this story even credible, I mean Arsenal are clearly the most marketable club one could get atm despite it's failures recently
Qatar Sports Investments have been trying to break into the English game since 2019, they might spot an opportunity at Arsenal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
look like more of PR move than an attempt to make investment. QSI will look to own another club specially from england they tried with Leeds before but didn't go through.

we are attractive for them specially because we are from London so for financial view it'll be right investment. but for now there little to no truth behind it.

Henry boi

Are they the ones who tried to buy Newcastle? Why didn't that deal go through someone please remind me.

Top Bottom