• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft QF (PL ERA DRAFT) - Uncle Good Advice vs Tir Na Nog | Winner: Tir Na Nog

Who has the better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was really hoping to join team "Uncle Riou Advice" in the semis or final.

But since there aren't many actual Arsenal fans on this website, it looks like that dream of mine could die here 😭

Uncle Good-Advice

I asked to swap Kanu with Rosicky. It was kind of surprising timing and I didn't post the lineup. I also asked a question when will this round start and to no answer. So I thought there's time to do it in the evening. I feel like some people might misunderstood my tactics in this round and now I'm down 4 :p

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Was really hoping to join team "Uncle Riou Advice" in the semis or final.

But since there aren't many actual Arsenal fans on this website, it looks like that dream of mine could die here 😭
Christ, was this before or after you whored yourself out to @2Smokeyy ?

1666738734873.gif

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I asked to swap Kanu with Rosicky. It was kind of surprising timing and I didn't post the lineup. I also asked a question when will this round start and to no answer. So I thought there's time to do it in the evening. I feel like some people might misunderstood my tactics in this round and now I'm down 4 :p

Post up your team and @albakos will update the first post.

Riou

Christ, was this before or after you whored yourself out to @2Smokeyy ?

6ya61o.jpg

Uncle Good-Advice

I've taken into consideration some opinions from last round and therefore Kanu was substituted by Rosicky. Alexis is now upfront and for me it's a no-brainer to bet on him against slow guys like Cahill and Keown. We play a passing game as usual with late runners in the box.

I decided to exploit this CB weakness further by moving Rosicky and Özil closer to goal and Bergkamp playing the distributor role. Gael Clichy will still be attacking down the left as I feel that no danger is coming from @Tir Na Nog right wing as Beckham isn't a pacey dribbler and won't track back. Cole and Young aren't best in defending so there's going to be plenty of space and only two defenders who have their flaws (sorry, Keown was a backup for Bould for many years and Cahill, well, is Cahill).

Another thing is that no way in hell that team with Cantona, Keane, Keown and Cahill is finishing without at least one red card so that's my advantage :)

Judging by opponent's line-up he will be attacking down the left, where I have defensive-minded Dixon. As good as Shearer is I can't see him doing anything more than a tap-in from Overmars cross when he's that alone. I'll ask all voting for @Tir Na Nog - how do you expect this team to create chances? One creative Gundogan, butcher like Keane, classic winger Overmars and long-ball merchant Beckham. In my opinion it's a mess. The names are great but in my opinion no synergy there.

We're down two right now but we will win!

Uncle Good-Advice

Just for the record I'll not be saying anything bad about Uncle's team. The people can decide this one.
I also don't mean anything offensive but I think the important part of the game is to show opponent's weaknesses and your own strengths. At least that's how I understand it. So I'm glad for every critical input :)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I also don't mean anything offensive but I think the important part of the game is to show opponent's weaknesses and your own strengths. At least that's how I understand it. So I'm glad for every critical input :)

Parlour and Ramsey won't be able to deal with Cantona and Gundogan will be looking to get forward. Also I think my side in two banks of four defensively will contend with your death by 1000 passes approach.

Your side will keep the ball well tho, so we might have to contend with maybe letting you have it and maybe force yous wide

Riou

I can't imagine Gary Cahill bullying peak Kanu either, tbh...he was a giant guy too :lol:

2000 Kanu was like a perfect mix of a target man/false nine, he would do things at his best that even someone like Bergkamp couldn't do...most skillful player we have ever had I think, proper street baller.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I can't imagine Gary Cahill bullying peak Kanu either, tbh...he was a giant guy too :lol:

2000 Kanu was like a perfect mix of a target man/false nine, he would do things at his best that even someone like Bergkamp couldn't do...most skillful player we have ever had I think, proper street baller.

Wash your mouth out!

No but srs Kanu was one of those players who was skilful and awkward for defenders but honestly didn't score enough and wasn't particularly quick, think he had like 1 in 3 numbers before he became more or less a squaddie which is very poor in that Arsenal squad that won the double and then the 04 invincibles.

Henry was getting 2 in 3 numbers once he came in so its obvious why Kanu was moved on.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Skillfull is a BIG word. King Kanu was the most “tekkers” player we’ve had. It’s not the same thing. Eboue is clear, always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom