• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft QF (PL ERA DRAFT) - Uncle Good Advice vs Tir Na Nog | Winner: Tir Na Nog

Who has the better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have had better players obviously, but I still think Kanu was the most skillful...some of the things he did were amazing.

Should have left after our Double in 2002 though, he was just kinda there in his last 2 seasons here.

His numbers were good in his first 2 seasons, just our attack started to get rightly geared towards Thierry and any other striker would have struggled to make much of an impact (especially with Dennis still close to his prime too) quality player and quality man too.

Uncle Good-Advice

I rate Kanu that's why I picked him. However in this particular matchup I'd rather have Alexis upfront, it has nothing to do with Kanu's abilities :)

Uncle Good-Advice

Parlour and Ramsey won't be able to deal with Cantona and Gundogan will be looking to get forward. Also I think my side in two banks of four defensively will contend with your death by 1000 passes approach.

Your side will keep the ball well tho, so we might have to contend with maybe letting you have it and maybe force yous wide
Just out of curiosity, how would you plan to force my players wide? Of course Ramsey and Parlour are no match physically with Kantona and Gundogan, however they're very good in passing game and will outrun everybody. Defence with Ashley Cole and Ashley Young is suspect and in midfield there are Overmars and Beckham who will contribute little in defence.

Another question, how would you fit in Cole and Overmars in one team? In my opinion they will take the exact same spots which nullify their singular impact. Right wing is much better only Ashley Young is simply ****, probably no one here ever feared him during his time at ManU.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Just out of curiosity, how would you plan to force my players wide? Of course Ramsey and Parlour are no match physically with Kantona and Gundogan, however they're very good in passing game and will outrun everybody. Defence with Ashley Cole and Ashley Young is suspect and in midfield there are Overmars and Beckham who will contribute little in defence.

Another question, how would you fit in Cole and Overmars in one team? In my opinion they will take the exact same spots which nullify their singular impact. Right wing is much better only Ashley Young is simply ****, probably no one here ever feared him during his time at ManU.

I won't be allowing Cole to get forward that much. Certainly not to the extent where he's overlapping constantly. Also Beckham works pretty hard, think that's a underrated aspect to his game, helped Neville out a fair bit. What I mean is we'll keep nice and compact and narrow in defence phase, i.e forcing you to go wide as that's where the most space will be and I don't feel you've got the player to do much damage from wide positions.

Uncle Good-Advice

I won't be allowing Cole to get forward that much. Certainly not to the extent where he's overlapping constantly. Also Beckham works pretty hard, think that's a underrated aspect to his game, helped Neville out a fair bit. What I mean is we'll keep nice and compact and narrow in defence phase, i.e forcing you to go wide as that's where the most space will be and I don't feel you've got the player to do much damage from wide positions.
Thanks for clarification. As far as I admire Cole's abilities I can't forgive him for ditching us for Chavs. So I'll let him rot and watch Clichy lifting the trophy :p

But I won't win so it's a theoretical question :)

Uncle Good-Advice

Thank you @Uncle Good-Advice, very worthy competitor, and managed to put out a good side even only picking Arsenal players.

I'll be taking good old safe hands David Seaman. I'd have loved to take Bergkamp but I think Seaman for Friedel is the biggest upgrade I could make.
It was a pleasure. I'm very happy that I managed to win against one strong opponent and stay competitive against you despite obvious limitations of my squad.

Thanks to all you good people who put trust in me and good luck @Tir Na Nog in next round :)

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Kanu was sick not hearing otherwise tbh. The few times he was needed he stepped up.

Did his thing at Portsmouth too.

The hatty at Stamford Bridge was a thing of beauty. A couple of players in that match that could've made draft teams tbf in De Goey and Wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom