Quarter-Final: England v Switzerland

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
England were at least as good as Switzerland, probably edged overall play. Neither side created many clear cut chances.

England were alright, nothing more than that.

Switzerland are a decent, functional side, that's all.

How did England edge it though. England’s only chances were shots from outside the box. Switzerland created at least 3 chances inside the box over 120 minutes.
England xG 0.66
Switzerland xG 1.49

Switzerland were the better side over 120 minutes.

Nunowoolmez

Chairman of the Eduardo Hagn Appreciation Society
How did England edge it though. England’s only chances were shots from outside the box. Switzerland created at least 3 chances inside the box over 120 minutes.
England xG 0.66
Switzerland xG 1.49

Yet they still lost. Move on man.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
England will take the Dutch. This new formation is much better at embodying the defend at all costs philosophy of Southgate. Walker focusing on defence unshackled from having to go up will completely shut down their only threat down the left with Gakpoo. It’ll finish 0-0 and England win on penalties.

Saka, Rice, Palmer will score. Netherlands will miss all of theirs as Pickford’s water bottle will grow arms and legs and distract their penalty takers. Foden will be discovered a few days later after hiding in a locker and getting stuck.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
England xG 0.66
Switzerland xG 1.49

England have clutch players.

Anyone who lived through Ferguson’s glory years should be familiar with this concept.

Clutch players win you trophies. The Swiss didn’t have them, doesn’t matter how many fancy ass shots they took in the box.

Weak.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]

Latest posts

Top Bottom