Quarter-Final: Netherlands v Türkiye

Bloodbather

Established Member

I would consider the Netherlands to be the favorites here, but if Turkey can take down Austria, they have a shot against pretty much anyone.

Hakan Çalhanoğlu will be back for this one, that's a plus. Losing İsmail Yüksek to suspension is a major loss, though. So many players near suspension thanks to the very trigger happy ref of the Czech match.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I felt Turkey actually looked better without Hakan. Probably their best performance this tournament.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Turkey are favourites here in my opinion.

Netherlands look to disorganised, and are far too reliant on the form of Gakpo I'd say. Turkey not only have structure, but they have cohesion as well.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

Netherlands look to disorganised, and are far too reliant on the form of Gakpo I'd say. Turkey not only have structure, but they have cohesion as well.

I actually think we are favourites. Very glad we don't have to play Austria again. We have more quality all over the pitch, players like Simons, Gakpo and Malen look great.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

They are not favorites at all for me they where all over the place against Austria. we are picking up our play finally and we should have to much for them. While i can only admire the way they defend their badge we will have to much for them with all respect.

But yet again i think our midfield is not so good without De Jong tbf so thats gonna be vital.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I actually think we are favourites. Very glad we don't have to play Austria again. We have more quality all over the pitch, players like Simons, Gakpo and Malen look great.

I agreed and tbf if we would have played Austria again it will not happen were where so ****ing bad that day its impossible to have a performance like that. also defensivly we should be much better then Turkey again with all respect. but Koeman needs to stop playing De Vrij instead of De Ligt.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
My heart says we win it and continue our miracle run but my head says the Dutch have too much quality and will win this one.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Demiral banned for 2 games. Big blow.

Gives us an excuse to blame "the external forces who don't want Turks to succeed" for our failure, or to gloat in the fact that we also had to overcome them if we do win.

By us I'm not including all Turks, I mean the people who defended Demiral for doing what he did. As far as I'm concerned, it's perfectly understandable that Germany and the UEFA would be mad about a player making the gesture of a far-right neo-fascist movement with paramilitary death squads and links to organized crime. That movement is so normalized here that many people were shocked that they took action.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gives us an excuse to blame "the external forces who don't want Turks to succeed" for our failure, or to gloat in the fact that we also had to overcome them if we do win.

By us I'm not including all Turks, I mean the people who defended Demiral for doing what he did. As far as I'm concerned, it's perfectly understandable that Germany and the UEFA would be mad about a player making the gesture of a far-right neo-fascist movement with paramilitary death squads and links to organized crime. That movement is so normalized here that many people were shocked that they took action.
that really poor from Demrial guy went from hero to zero. good for Turks that Calhanoglu is back from suspension but Demrial is big miss.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Thought he was just a fan of the NWO.

1720122253033.png

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Are these guys really (in)famous? Pretty sure 99,9% of people haven't heard about that movement and the gesture

A_G

Lost A Bet
Are these guys really (in)famous? Pretty sure 99,9% of people haven't heard about that movement and the gesture

Bloodbather

Established Member

They definitely would've heard about it in Germany because they have a pretty sizable presence there.

They're infamous enough for a proposal to be made in the European Parliament for them to be considered a terrorist group, and for several countries (Germany and Austria among them) to ban the gesture.

Unfortunately, they're very normalized in Turkey, the movement is one of the largest parties in the Turkish Parliament and in alliance with Erdoğan's governing party.

Kuroske

I think The Netherlands will get stunned like a reindeer looking at the headlights. If Turkey score the first goal, its over.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]
Top Bottom