• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wasn't there a rumour that Gudjohnsen got drunk with John Terry (obviously) and made fun of American tourists in London not long after 9/11 happened?

Look it up, this is true...Lampard was there too, scumbags.
So?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just a little comparison as now Chelsea seem to land Edouard Mendy from Rennes.

He has 5670 minutes at Ligue 1, otherwise no good experience.

Runarsson has 3149 minutes in Ligue 1, and 5353 minutes of experience from Danish 1st league.

Mendy is ~3 years older and 11 cm taller.

Anyway, Chelsea are paying 20 million pounds at least, Runarsson is 2 million euros.

Good GK's really don't come cheap these days. Don't know much about either, but pretty sure Mendy isn't 10x better?

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Runarsson has 3149 minutes in Ligue 1, and 5353 minutes of experience from Danish 1st league.

Anyway, Chelsea are paying 20 million pounds at least, Runarsson is 2 million euros.

Good GK's really don't come cheap these days. Don't know much about either, but pretty sure Mendy isn't 10x better?

That's not how the market works in any job.

If you are a top dog under the best lot, being a few percent better than the rest gives you up to a few 100% more in extreme cases.

This is not a linear thing.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He has 5670 minutes at Ligue 1, otherwise no good experience. Runarsson has 3149 minutes in Ligue 1, and also good experience from Danish 1st league.

Mendy is 3 years older and 11 cm taller.

Buying keepers in general I feel is just super difficult. I don't even particularly blame Chelsea for messing up on the Kepa deal, although it is hilarious that they did.

Basically if you have a good keeper you should hold onto him for dear life, cos shopping for a new one is a nightmare. It's why Szczesny's departure always pissed me off so much, it led to so many headaches finding a suitable long-term replacement, and we got a bit lucky with Leno to be honest.

If you've found a good number 1, spend as little money as possible on a number 2 and 3, cos the more money you spend on that the more likely it is you'll just be wasting it.

drippin

Buying keepers in general I feel is just super difficult. I don't even particularly blame Chelsea for messing up on the Kepa deal, although it is hilarious that they did.

Basically if you have a good keeper you should hold onto him for dear life, cos shopping for a new one is a nightmare. It's why Szczesny's departure always pissed me off so much, it led to so many headaches finding a suitable long-term replacement, and we got a bit lucky with Leno to be honest.

If you've found a good number 1, spend as little money as possible on a number 2 and 3, cos the more money you spend on that the more likely it is you'll just be wasting it.

Yeah absolutely. Leno was a steal with 1 year in contract beforehand, and he was a super steal in hindsight.

Like you said, Chelsea paid almost 3x for Kepa and he is much worse, eventhough younger. But with goalkeepers confidence etc. is just so important, you might never get it back to similar level.

I'm just pointing out that 2 million euros for this guy isn't bad at all, especially if our GK coach recommends him.

We have to really remember we need ball-playing GK's, not just anyone who is good at other things.

Of course like I have said, not convinced he is enough to be 2nd goalie.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
According to Darren, he's already training with Arsenal but is doing so by himself as part of quarantine rules.

Paddy from Sweden

According to Darren, he's already training with Arsenal but is doing so by himself as part of quarantine rules.
This I don't get. Runarson is training by himself due to quarantine rules. But Thiago could play yesterday for Pool whilst the deal was only concluded the other day. He couldn't have arrived much earlier than Runarson. So what are the quarantine rules?

roz

Fake News Merchant

0_FBL-EUR-C3-ARSENAL-STANDARD.jpg

drippin

He has under 20 matches at top league level and was 20 million so not exactly cheap for the experience. And wanted out with 2 years in contract.

With for example Kepa you can see how GK's confidence can affect his performances (and no I'm not comparing Emi being **** like Kepa).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So he about to take part against Leicester but we yet to announce this deal. Slow at everything this club.

No chance he’s playing in that now. Probably going to be Macey right?

Barely seen him play so no idea of how good he is.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Journalists saying he got outside chance

Doesn’t he have to isolate coming from France like Gabriel did?

Also chucking him in without a training session seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Might be woeful but I’d rather Macey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom