• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I've just been on a really good date to get back and see we're signing an Icelandic goalie? What a joke.
Who cares to be honest. Priority has been CB and midfield this summer and a 2nd choice GK better than Emi ca be found in January if needed.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
at least there will be no obligation to play a second string GK who is much below Leno's level in cup games

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Generally poor? Thats probably not fair. According to Statsbomb he is fairly average (read Rex Banners post). Not terrible, not great. Thats acceptable for a number 2.

Still, there's a massive gulf between Leno and this guy. There must be some Ospina level back up's available out there, where there wouldn't be such a massive drop off between numbers 1 and 2.

Ospina only cost us £3.5m after all. I refuse to believe this guy is the best we can do, even on a budget.

Smacks of one of Arteta's coaches trying to get his buddy a move.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Seriously though, who cares? He's dirt cheap and hopefully won't play at all.

You can't get a decent goalkeeper for less than £10m, and there's not much point selling Martinez if we're spending that much on his replacement.
I think if Daddy Raul was here we wouldn't even need to get to 5m for a decent back up.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/danijel-subasic/profil/spieler/27941
https://www.transfermarkt.com/heurelho-gomes/profil/spieler/19059

Either of those would have been better choices and would cost nothing.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Still, there's a massive gulf between Leno and this guy. There must be some Ospina level back up's available out there, where there wouldn't be such a massive drop off between numbers 1 and 2.

Ospina only cost us £3.5m after all. I refuse to believe this guy is the best we can do, even on a budget.

Smacks of one of Arteta's coaches trying to get his buddy a move.

Its not easy to sign players who are supposed to be on the bench most of season.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1.5m is pretty good price
He will be on low wages too, sign him on the cheap let him play cup games and invest the rest towards midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom