• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostarac

Established Member
brianfrance said:
Don't you think, as many stars in germany, that VdV is already Bayern property ?

Why would a big and well-run club like Hamburg who have a real chance to challenge Bayern as the best club in Germany sell one of their best players to their biggest rival(sporting-wise)? As far as I know, van der Vaart is enjoying playing for Hamburg, and it looks like Hamburg`s economy is solid enough(even allowing them to buy big players such as van der Vaart to improve their team) for them not needing to sell their best players.

brianfrance

Established Member
Well wasn't Leverkusen runner-up in the CL, therefore, a more than capable challenger for bayern in the Bundesliga ? But they sold Ballack to Bayern, as well as Lucio. And Bayern got both for peanuts tbh.

Mostarac

Established Member
brianfrance said:
Well wasn't Leverkusen runner-up in the CL, therefore, a more than capable challenger for bayern in the Bundesliga ? But they sold Ballack to Bayern, as well as Lucio. And Bayern got both for peanuts tbh.

Leverkusen have never been as big(as a club) when it comes to Hamburg. Hamburg are traditionally one of the top-clubs in Germany, they have even won the European Cup. Playing a Champions League final does not necessarily make a club strong, have Liverpool been able to challenge Chelsea maybe? And, after that successful season, where have Leverkusen been? It is not right to compare Hamburg`s situation with Leverkusen`s. Hamburg have probably more resources than Leverkusen aswell, that has made them more competitive against Bayern. Hamburg is a much bigger club from a big city. It is stupid to think that all good players in Germany end up at Bayern.

brianfrance

Established Member
Were Chelsea not doped by money, Liverpool would be challenging us and Manure for the title, YES.

Not all big players end up at bayern, ok. Just 95% of them.

Mostarac

Established Member
brianfrance said:
Were Chelsea not doped by money, Liverpool would be challenging us and Manure for the title, YES.

Doped by money? That excuse can be used for all teams in Premier League. Don`t you think that the difference in resources/money between Hamburg and Bayern is about just as big as Chelsea/Liverpool only in a smaller scale? And, if Bayern had wanted van der Vaart, they would probably have bought him last summer before Hamburg did.

brianfrance

Established Member
Mostarac said:
brianfrance said:

Doped by money? That excuse can be used for all teams in Premier League. Don`t you think that the difference in resources/money between Hamburg and Bayern is about just as big as Chelsea/Liverpool only in a smaller scale?

Hamburg have not the same ressource as bayern, in fact Bayern are N°1 in Germany and this is the reason why 95% of the stars end up at Bayern.

Mostarac

Established Member
brianfrance said:
Hamburg have not the same ressource as bayern, in fact Bayern are N°1 in Germany and this is the reason why 95% of the stars end up at Bayern.

95%? How many big stars have Bayern bought the last two seasons?

brianfrance

Established Member
Mostarac said:
brianfrance said:

95%? How many big stars have Bayern bought the last two seasons?

As Arsène said, there aren't many big stars anymore the Bundesliga, since the early 2000's. So they can't sign them, obviously lol. But RVdV is a star, and if he doesn't sign for Barça, he'll sign for them. Do you want to bet with me ? :wink:

Mostarac

Established Member
brianfrance said:
As Arsène said, there aren't many big stars anymore the Bundesliga, since the early 2000's. So they can't sign them, obviously lol. But RVdV is a star, and if he doesn't sign for Barça, he'll sign for them. Do you want to bet with me ? :wink:

Well, there are some few left. Podolski, Rosicky, Boulahrouz, Mertesacker and some others have still not been bought by Bayern. Haha, as for betting, lets just say that my bet is that he is staying with Hamburg for some years.

brianfrance

Established Member
Podolski is Bayern property, isn't he ? It's not official, that's all..

As for the bet, I'm ready to bet that he won't be staying for too much at Hamburg. Bayern are on another planet, and will be champions for the 2000th times this season lol!

Mostarac

Established Member
brianfrance said:
Podolski is Bayern property, isn't he ? It's not official, that's all..
As for the bet, I'm ready to bet that he won't be staying for too much at Hamburg. Bayern are on another planet, and will be champions for the 2000th times this season lol!

I think that Podolski could end up at Hamburg, there were some reports saying that Hamburg already meet with Podolski. Haha, trust me, with Barbarez in top-form, Hamburg will win the title this season.

brianfrance

Established Member
Ok so not enough of the first bet you virtually had with me ? Yep Boro beated Basel, have you forgot ;)

1° RVdV will move in the summer of 2007, to Barça or Bayern
2° Podolski will end up at Bayern
3° Bayern Champions again this season

10£ for each bet, thats ok ? ;)

PatrickBateman

To talk about Bayern and the transfers of both Ballack and Lucio to them : Both players had buyout clauses fixed in their contracts. The Ballack buyout clause as well as the Lucio clause were already fixed when they signed their contracts with Bayer Leverkusen. Therefore it was possible that Ballack left Leverkusen for Bayern for this cut price of just 6 Mio Euros. In Lucios case it was 12 Mio. I've never understood why no other team tried to sign Lucio 2 years ago...
It is Bayerns transfer policy to look for new players mainly in the Bundesliga because these players are used to Germany and as a side-effect, the other german teams get weakened.

To come back to van der Vaart : I'm repeating myself but i cannot imagine him playing in England. And he is *NOT* fast as stated above. Technically he is absolutely brilliant though and his left foot is among the best of the world. But he better goes to Spain or Italy. I don't think that he will go to Bayern, he often stated that it is his dream to play in Spain where half of his family comes from.

Amadeor

Ok so not enough of the first bet you virtually had with me ? Yep Boro beated Basel, have you forgot Wink

1° RVdV will move in the summer of 2007, to Barça or Bayern
2° Podolski will end up at Bayern
3° Bayern Champions again this season

10£ for each bet, thats ok ? Wink

Not really the riskiest bet ever, innit...

Sammer

Established Member
brianfrance said:
Mostarac said:
brianfrance said:

Doped by money? That excuse can be used for all teams in Premier League. Don`t you think that the difference in resources/money between Hamburg and Bayern is about just as big as Chelsea/Liverpool only in a smaller scale?

It´s a well-known fact, that Bayern tends to buy mostly Bundesliga players - and of course mostly the "hotshots" of competitors. Brian is right on this (e.g. Ismael, Pizarro, Ballack, Lucio, Deisler...the list is endless).

However, I do not believe that van der Vaart will end up at Bayern. He seems like a guy who has learned to value the importance of a good background and knows at the same time that Hamburg has excellent ambitions (CL football) for next season.

He will move of course within the next 2 years (maybe even after this season if he becomes a star at the World Cup), but I reckon that he will go to Barca or Real.

vincedude

arsenal rumors

To be honest with you guys, I think we really need to fill the gap of Viera. Fabregas has been brilliant but someone like Sillian Petrov or Mark VanBommel would be gr8. But NOT BARTON :evil:

longrufus

Established Member
Barton has proved himself in the english league, and put in some great performances. Petrov has been good in Scotland, which in my opinion is not the best gauge of a footballer. And to compare him with VanBommel is laughable.
I actually rate Barton as a player, but his fault lies in his attitude.

vincedude

So who do you think should be bought in place of Viera, because Barton, maybe as good as he is, he doesn't have the stature of a team leader, a player that can drive the team forward...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom