• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzG

Established Member
rednwhitearmy said:
don't need him.
There aren't too many players we need. We just need another CB to cover for Touré - Senderos is incompetent at a club like ours.

A team winning the league -and currently unbeaten - means that there isn't too much going wrong.

Part of the reason Wenger hasn't had sustained success in this league is summed up in that last paragraph. There is always room to improve and to keep players on their toes. In 1998/1999 we didn't win the league because Wenger didn't bolster upfront and in 2002/2003 we didn't win the league title because despite losing Adams and Dixon in one summer Wenger didn't bring in enough defenders to cover for that loss and let Upson go in January which was crazy, Upson wanted to go and he would of been let go in the summer anyway but for Wenger to leave us so short at the back and let him go in January without bringing someone else in was one of his biggest mistakes while at Arsenal.

thegame24

Established Member
yea but that "mistake" gave toure some hard lessons about being a center back, however, the season after was a rock, we went unbeaten and hes now the best defender in england

Illusion

Established Member
thegame24 said:
yea but that "mistake" gave Touré some hard lessons about being a center back, however, the season after was a rock, we went unbeaten and hes now the best defender in england

Wouldn't say he's the best defender in England, but he's one of the best.

Like it or not Rio and Vidic are up there, as are Terry and Carragher, even if the latter is as dirty as your average Bolton player. Not to mention Gallas and King (when he is actually fit which isn't often lately).

thegame24

Established Member
Kolo and Gallas are the best individual defenders.

KOlo edges it as better though

Terry is too slow, rio is clumsy

Look at the england defence ****E.

Charager, dont make me laugh.

Vidic is just a standard defender, senderos with experience.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Not to continue the debate from the other forum, but Carvalho is the best individual defender in the EPL.

number_0

Established Member
there we go with the best defender ever...
imagine a back 5 of

---------------robinson---------------
brown bramble dawson bridge

dimond hard defence, isnt it

Dez

number_0 said:
imagine a back 5 of

WHAT?! Where in Gods name is the great man... you know who im talking about....

HES BALD
HE ****
HE GETS A RUN WHEN NO-ONES FIT

MDGoonah41

Established Member
rednwhitearmy said:
don't need him.
There aren't too many players we need. We just need another CB to cover for Touré - Senderos is incompetent at a club like ours.

A team winning the league -and currently unbeaten - means that there isn't too much going wrong.

Still think we don't need another creative midfielder?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Dez said:
number_0 said:
imagine a back 5 of

WHAT?! Where in Gods name is the great man... you know who im talking about....

HES BALD
HE s**t
HE GETS A RUN WHEN NO-ONES FIT

Spazzeros,Spazzeros

JazzG

Established Member
Was thinking about this earlier and I think out of all the attacking midfielders we have been linked with he is probably the one I'd prefer to join us, possibly the least likely as well because I can't see Wenger signing a high profile player like him for some reason. In our midfield we haven't got another left footed player in our midfield and that would give a better balance to the midfield. He is very creative and would score goals from midfield. With Hleb and Fabregas out we have looked average so that means our squad is too thin and I still think we might be a bit short for goals from midfield, Fabregas has hit the ground running, Hleb is more of a creator than finisher and Rosicky has been off colour so far.

Also I don't know if it is just me who thinks this but Dutch players seem to settle in this league very easily? Bergkamp, Overmars, Stam, RvN, RvP and Robben come to mind. All settled in quickly and have done well here. Saying that they seem to settle in well where ever they go!

thegame24 said:
yea but that "mistake" gave Touré some hard lessons about being a center back, however, the season after was a rock, we went unbeaten and hes now the best defender in england

Toure only played one game CB in the 02/03 season, against Chelsea for about 35 mins after Cygan had got sent off. The next season Wenger decided to try him as a CB but I don't know why after the Chelsea match he didn't try then as well.

juk380x

The Croatian media released a story which says Juventus is buying both van der Vaart and Xabi Alonso. The vdVaart deal is almost certain, since HSV have agrred to it in principle, so all Juve has to do is offer €25 mil. However, aside form Juve, Barca and Atletico M. also want to get Xabi Alonso, who is supposedly not on good terms with Rafa.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Not reliable, they don't mention the source of the news of us being after him, so gossip like rumour.

In the clip "titled Arsenal & Sp**s after VDV" the say Juve, Sp**s and Arsenal are after him. But we are only mentioned as "Arsenal is being linked with him". VDV refused to extend his HSV deal. My guess is he goes he goes to Juve, unless we are really after him.

source (in Dutch):

http://www.ad.nl/sport/article1946384.e ... y=dichtbij

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Wellhe has no problems with language barrier
Hes fluent in dutch, spanish, german and english
But he still wont be coming here I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom