<

Rafael van der Vaart

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by seanconvey66, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arsenalfc1979

arsenalfc1979 New Member

the same source told me about Reyes last year at this time and i was scepticle about that until he signed

2. arsenalfc1979

arsenalfc1979 New Member

wenger does like surprises in the transfer market just look at his record

3. n_henry

n_henry New Member

Hmm..interesting.

Well, like Reyes's signing last year, this would come right out of the blue...

But personally, I'm very doubtful. As others have already said, we do not need him, and Arsène would not buy anyone just for the heck of it.

How much would he cost, anyway?

4. arsenalfc1979

arsenalfc1979 New Member

Pennent out ???? van der Vaart in ????? interesting
    Pennent is looked after by Jerome Anderson Management too as is Bergkamp and half the Arsenal squad

5. arsenalfc1979

arsenalfc1979 New Member

van der Vaart for a Pennent replacement i'll go with that one

6. Mostarac

Mostarac New Member Trusted

van der Vaart has been totally out of form for Ajax this season, and he would at least cost us £12 million. I do not believe this, Wenger will not spend so much money on an unimpressive(at least this season) van der Vaart.

7. arsenalfc1979

arsenalfc1979 New Member

well someones buying him in january and it aint chelski and Sp**s dont have that sort of cash

8. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

I doubt it, and to be honest I don't want it to happen. He hasn't played well for ages now. Nor do we need him with Reyes and RvP.

9. n_henry

n_henry New Member

Are we so sure it's not Chelski? :?

10. arsenalfc1979

arsenalfc1979 New Member

Sure its not chelski as moriniho keeps making it clear he needs no one else

My source confirmed to me we are in the market for 4 players a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and a foward.
    He has been ringing agents across europe under the instruction of the club for the last month getting names of players who would like to or are avaliable for a move to Arsenal. The only name i can get out of him is Raphael van der Vaart at the moment.

11. Mostarac

Mostarac New Member Trusted

I would rather have Bojinov than van der Vaart(they would cost us £12 million each).

12. arsenalfc1979

arsenalfc1979 New Member

My source isn't usually wrong as he is a agent himself working for Jerome Anderson

13. n_henry

n_henry New Member

Wow - that's a player in each position... I knew that Wenger's "we're not going to sign anyone" claims were lies. ;)

Mosterac - I'd rather have Bojinov as well. But VDV would be good as well...

So, arsenalfc1979 - how close are we to VDV?

14. arsenalfc1979

arsenalfc1979 New Member

If we dont get him in the january window its cause Ajax have done a deal to keep him till the end of the season and that will mean he will join at the end of the season at the moment he wants to leave Ajax as they wont come up with his required payrise of 30000 euros a week about £21000 now thats wat Pennent is roughly on so i can see Pennent going in jan and a like for like signing being van der Vaart

15. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

lol, i dont believe this for a minute. fact is though i wont say no to vdv irrespective of form in the last 2 seasons. the guy is stagnating at ajax because playing in the dutch league doesnt motivate anymore.

16. Florida Gooner

Florida Gooner New Member

Please tell your source to make Bojinov to Arsenal happen. Thanks. :wink:

17. kevin_kyle

kevin_kyle New Member

Yeah rather have Bojinov for that money but Van Der Vaart is a great player if he can get his psyche right. On fire, VDV can be brilliantly exciting to watch.
    But with RVP and Reyes in the squad already, it would be better to sign Bojinov for similar money on recent form, and future potential.

18. koivu

koivu New Member Trusted

Didn't expect to see this...I think Van der Vaart is a good player who will not improve much more at Ajax...like david bentley playing reserve footy. I wouldn't think that he's the kind of person we need at the mo...I'll believe it when I see it I guess.

19. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

Just wait and see. Looking for a house in Barnet isn't really much to go on. There's no point in getting worked up over nothing folks.

20. KingReyes

KingReyes New Member Trusted

Anythings possible, but so far its nothing concrete. VDV is a quality player he doesn't seem happy at Ajax therefore a lack of motivation hasn't helped his performances.

A possible replacement for Bergkamp maybe? Who knows...but i can't see it happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.