• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

athreya74

Isn't Sneijder a bit of a bastard? We can use characters like those. Anyways looks like he is going to Inter, if he leaves RM, and I think he will fit right in with Mourinho's style.

On VdV, why would be come here when he knows he won't be an automatic starter? It would be a luxury buy for us irrespective of the price.

Proof

Established Member
I would like us to sign him, especially with us having the eternal Rosicky and Diaby injured and with Nasri out until early October.

athreya74

proof_afc said:
I would like us to sign him, especially with us having the eternal Rosicky and Diaby injured and with Nasri out until early October.

But if Arsène sees Nasri/Rosicky playing in the middle 3 of our 433/451, then VdV is not a like for like replacement. He has to be played in a forward role and I can see him being a backup for Sheva. But as things go I am more than happy with Vela/Theo as backups with even Wilshere getting some game time.

As I said above, VdV would be a luxury signing and in a world cup year I don't want such signings who will get restless by the January transfer window for playing time. And we have seen with Diarra Arsène knows only one way of dealing with such players.

Kain

Established Member
The situation with Rosicky which has been mentioned would be the only logical reason for signing him beyond luxury, quality player i cant for the life of me see him leaving for £6mil though, there will be other teams willing to offer alot more for such a player. Would still rather we fronted the cash for a Matuidi or Hangeland style signing over a luxury player, £6mil would be nearly there for either one of them and it would be alot more beneficial to the squad.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Proper logic would be to flog Diaby and get VdV in but never gonna happen.

In Arsène's mind we have no space for him.

MAK 14

Established Member
For 6 million i'd take him. He is a class player, and for that kind of money he is a bargain.

However, it isn't going to happen. Seen as we got off to an amazing start he'll be convinced he doesn't need anymore players. Also just because Nasri and Rosicky are out for a few more weeks, to Wenger that doesn't mean he's needs any more players. He's got too much faith in Nasri, Denilson, Song and Diaby to buy Van Der Vaart.

Asterix

Established Member
Oh God. Another VDV thread. Wouldn't be upset if we signed him but I can't really see it happening.

Illusion

Established Member
Don't think it will happen even if £6m for him would be an excellent buy.

I would much rather sign a defender/defensive midfielder that will provide quality backup in areas we absolutely need it.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Him and Hangeland will be an awesome way to close the window. The thing about van der Vaart is he can play an advanced role in the center as part of the midfield three or on the wings as part of the front three. He would be ideal and we have enough players in that position so if he isn't putting in a shift he won't get game time. At the price quoted we could do that as well because we won't be paying an extortionate sum.

qs

Established Member
For £6m it'd be a great move. Even if Rosicky does come back he won't be able to play regularly. If we're continuing with a 3 man midfield another quality option would really help us depthwise.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Wow, he's looking pretty slim these days. I rate the guy. Of the young Dutch talent that emerged in the last 5 years or so, I always rated him top. I'm not sure if theres a space for him though with both Nasri and Rosicky being similar players. The need in midfield is for an alternative to Song, really.

otfgoon

Established Member
That fact is with Rosicky, Nasri, Ramsey, Diaby, Fran and Denilson already competing to play alongside Cesc, the chances are we're not get him regardless of his price. This is not FM were you can sign players and then just leave them in the reserves and sell him for a profit some time later.

We also seem to have a good team spirit, trouble follows VdV like a bad smell.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
fabo said:

would be would of Wengers stupidist moves would replacing power and pressence for yet more creativity. VDV is a quality player though and will do well where he goes.

Viking

truth_hurts said:
fabo said:

would be would of Wengers stupidist moves would replacing power and pressence for yet more creativity. VDV is a quality player though and will do well where he goes.
Diaby doesn't have power or presence.

qs

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
fabo said:

What power and presence? He isn't saying sell Song.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The reported price tag seem too good to be true.

I doubt he'll be coming here, but I think there would plenty of room for him if he did.

How do he and RvP get on?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Viking and Qs Diaby has the power to make them bursting midfield runs through the opposition as opposed to the kind of power (shouldering off opponents) that Song posseses. Diaby does have pressence as you always know he is on the pitch but whether thats a positive or negative pressence to the team depends on which side of the bed he woke up out of! If you are going to replace Diaby it should be for a similar style player and still cannot see why both couldn't play in the same team.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Diaby cant use the power he has consistently enough to warrant a palce in the side.

About VdV..am undecided. Would rather we get backup for Song - the ANC is coming and we have some tough games while hes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom