• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't flog any of our midfielders just to get the RDV because that's what squad depth is all about. All our midfielders bring something different to the table and RDV would too. Denilson/Diaby/Song are all good enough to contribute significantly to the team in some capacity. RDV would be a welcome addition though. To clarify, what I'm saying is if we had to sell one of our mids to get RDV then I'd rather not get him.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He is a regular for the dutch team, most of the time he always plays and for a 6 million its a bargain cmone wenger open your checkbook.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
thegame24 said:
lol how real sold most the dutchies.

5 million would be a bargain.

Only Nistelrooy and Drenthe left I believe and both probably surplus to requirements.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Still think it's weird, if I could choose between any of them & VDV, I'ld pick VDV without a thought. Strangely he's the cheapest of the lot. Whoever signs him will have done a great deal.

KY

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Still think it's weird, if I could choose between any of them & VDV, I'ld pick VDV without a thought. Strangely he's the cheapest of the lot. Whoever signs him will have done a great deal.

He's a bigger gamble than the rest in my book. May be the most gifted, doesn't mean he can produce consistently. Especially after the poor period in real when he hasn't shone at all...

Hamburg really should take him back. I know the fans would welcome him in a heartbeat.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
The reason he hasn't shone as Real is mainly that he didn't fit in Ramos' plans. Didn't get a fair chance. He did very well at Hamburg, same goes for the Ducth national team.

longrufus

Established Member
He is a player I have always liked but we've got so many players to play his position in the team. I'd welcome him as a signing as it would strengthen the squad but it would be a complete luxury. We desperately need to bring in back up at CB and at DM.

qs

Established Member
longrufus said:
He is a player I have always liked but we've got so many players to play his position in the team. I'd welcome him as a signing as it would strengthen the squad but it would be a complete luxury. We desperately need to bring in back up at CB and at DM.

Everyone keeps saying we've too many players in that position already yet Diaby played 3 times this week.

longrufus

Established Member
Diaby played 3 times this week as Cesc and Nasri were both injured and the likes of Ramsey and Wilshere arnt fully ready yet. Like it or not, Wenger rates Diaby so we'll have to suffer the fact that he'll play games.

I have said I think he would strengthen us, of course he would he's a quality player, but you have to look at this from Wenger's point of view and from their I cant see him bringing him in.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
longrufus said:
Diaby played 3 times this week as Cesc and Nasri were both injured and the likes of Ramsey and Wilshere arnt fully ready yet.
Yeah, I know and it's a fair point. I was just being a bit knee-jerk.

Buhry

Established Member

Signing VDV would mean getting a quality player for a good price in a position we sort of need strengthening. It would also mean less playing time for certain players. Sounds awesome!

Too bad Wenger has a different opinion. ****.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Diaby played well 3 times last week and we had/have Cesc, Nasri and Cesc all out. We hardly desperately need cover do we? I bet its the same dickheads who wanted Adebayor gone who want Diaby gone then will complain when they see him doing well for another team. Its does make you wonder why no one is in for Van Der Vaart doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom