<

Rafael van der Vaart

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by seanconvey66, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

I'd bet that this user is the same as arsenal1989 who said the Kewell deal was wrapped up.

2. OoDy

OoDy New Member

Yeah and Ballack too!.. LOL :lol:

3. Gazza Martinez

Gazza Martinez New Member Elite

VDV is as good as Robben, but he's cup tied, out of form, and not what we need. But it seems a typical Wenger move; make an audacious bid when the interest in VDV has cooled down and his price has dropped a bit. I'd forever bow down to Wenger's genius is if he pulled off a coup like this.

4. Exiled In Newcastle

Exiled In Newcastle New Member

Except that David Dein didn't know there was a chance until 24 hours before he signed.

5. lewdikris

lewdikris New Member Elite

What would Jerome Anderson's team know about the signing of Reyes? He wasn't an agent for him, or for the club - Reyes' own agent has been thanked personally and publically for his help in that transfer.

I really doubt we'd go for VDV - we already have quite enough left footed half-strikers already.

Good player though - looked like he might be amazing, but has been eating too too many pies.

6. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

Reyes' agent is his brother, Jesus. Hence the "gift from Jesus" comment in January.

7. Rocafella

Rocafella New Member

I do not believe one word this guy is saying.

8. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

Van der Vaart is crap and we're not going to buy him. Period :wink:

9. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

Wasted signing ..why shold we sign Van der Vaart? We already have Henry RVP and Reyes who are similar type players.We need a direct goalscorer to help Henry out.. and we should go for someone like Bojinov not Van der Vaart.

10. Spike

Spike New Member Trusted

I agree, doesn't VDV play on the left? We've already got enough left sided players. If we're to go and buy somebody, I'll rather it be somebody who plays on the right.

11. MightyArsenal

MightyArsenal New Member

Too many dutchmen in the same team would be chaos, its the reason why they have always done so poor in world cups and euro's. The clash of ego's would damage team morale :lol:

12. Arjan

Arjan New Member Trusted

ajax 95??

VDV to Arsenal seems nonsense to me, he always said that he wants to join Barcelona and he won't leave in January, because ajax don't need to sell.

I would like to see Nigel de Jong coming to Arsenal......

13. nidza7

nidza7 New Member

good one,mate!

14. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

aint he left sided too? we need a right sided player for our midfield.

15. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

actually Pennant is under Sky Andrews, same person that's got Sol Campbell ;)

16. Gooner4Life

Gooner4Life New Member

van der Vaart would make sense as Edu is leaving 99% chance anyway. And van der Vaart can play both attacking or defensviley and I believe his best postiion is defensive midfield. So maybe the future could see Fabregas and van der Vaart.

But isn't Yaya supposed to be joiing.

I have to say, I would love this transfer to happen, would be another HUGE coup.

17. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

While it's been fun and all, don't the Mods usually lock this sort of source-less rumour?

18. Nisty

Nisty New Member

19. air

air New Member

I don't think there's a club in the World that wouldn't have use for Van der Vaart.

20. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

On his day van der Vaart is one of the most exciting players around in my opinion. Having said that I don't think there is any room for him at Arsenal at present. Reyes and van Persie are very similar to Rafael. If we sign van der Vaart then we may as well sell David Bentley. In my view we need to be looking for a goalscorer, not so much a creater....but Wenger knows best. Wenger could be the man to help fulfill van der Vaart's huge potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.