• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabregas

i like his style of play...no matter how bad a player plays for a season,he still as got the talent.anyway i seriously think that he don't play well this season is because ajax hasn't got enough experienced players to guide him...in arsenal,we surely have enough experienced players to guide him don't we? :D

LeTallec

haha.. i love these rumours.. VDV was at Anfield on the last day of the season at the Newcastle game and would have signed had Houllier not been sacked... Rafa didnt fancy him.. price was 6m upfront with 4 over 5 seasons and 3 based on CL progress... He is pretty talented but his first choice is always going to be Barca because of his Catalan Grandparents... if Barca want him he would walk to Camp Nou.. lovely bloke and is actually very humble...Not sure whether he was on a househunting mission though

Bouchra

fabregas said:
i like his style of play...no matter how bad a player plays for a season,he still as got the talent.anyway i seriously think that he don't play well this season is because ajax hasn't got enough experienced players to guide him...in arsenal,we surely have enough experienced players to guide him don't we? :D

He is playing bad for longer now.. More and more I start to think he was just lucky in his first season. Everyone has rated him too high, like all Ajax youngsters. They're good, but not immediately the new Cruijff after 2 good matches, like some people say :?

He has played a little bit better now than last season, but he has to work so amazing hard for it..

Wouldn't buy him, there are better players around.

seanconvey66

GoonerGurjit said:
It would be an absolute travesty if those two end up at Sp*rs.

Tottenham, Big ambitions, **** club!!!!!!!!! Rivaldo, Morientes, they wont get a world class player

LeTallec

I think Jol will be their best manager in ages and win Arnesen theyve got a genius at spotting and getting talent

praghisa

hello, :lol: i think we also have to trust wenger talent of scouting great talents ... remember henry n viera ? they came as nobody and now everybody want them ... i have great felling about reyes or even rafael if it come true :angel

Florida Gooner

Bouchra said:
fabregas said:

He is playing bad for longer now.. More and more I start to think he was just lucky in his first season. Everyone has rated him too high, like all Ajax youngsters. They're good, but not immediately the new Cruijff after 2 good matches, like some people say :?

He has played a little bit better now than last season, but he has to work so amazing hard for it..

Wouldn't buy him, there are better players around.

Funny you should mention Cruyff, as I saw Martin Jol state today on Sky Sports that Arjen Robben is the second coming of Johann Cruyff, and lamented that Sp**s didn't land him. He was serious, btw.

Arjan

Van der Vaart?

VDV just said in the Dutch media that he is going to leave Ajax this summer.

Several Brittish and Spanish clubs are interested.

I guess he wouldn't cost more then 10 mil pounds because he is free to leave a year later on a Bosman free transfer.

We all know VDV, but "recently" he lost his form and his place in the first team at Ajax. BUT he is still only 22 and one month!

He can become a natural replacement for Robert Pires IMO.

I haven't got a direct source that we are linked to VDV, but we were previously.

Should we put in a bid (and hope that Chelsea doesn't treble our offer)?

Bouchra

He has lost his form for almost 2 years now, so I doubt if it'll ever come back. He really has to lose weight, then he might become the old VDV, though I think he is overrated.

Gurgen

Established Member
I don't think he's good enough to play for us, and certainly not as a Pires replacement, because he doesn't have Bobby's pace and ability to beat players.
An eternal 'talent' I'm afraid.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Wenger seems to like these lost talents, though. A while ago he was the best youngster in the world, but he should've left Ajax earlier so his game wouldn't stagnate, which it has. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him after we've sorted out what needs sorting out.

asajoseph

Established Member
Another small midfielder? We'd better get some mountainous defenders...

Any actual link emerged about this?

Sammer

Established Member
I think Van der Vaart would be an excellent addition to our team - the timing is perfect as he is kind of in a form-dip at the moment.

Technically superb, fast and - just like Arjan said - a potential long-term replacement of Bobby. If the price is right, anytime !

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I don't think van Persie would be too impressed if we sign Rafael van der Vaart. I've heard the two don't get on. Even though van der Vaart's gone a little stale at Ajax, he has got a lot of ability and there will be no shortage of interest in him.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i am a huge van der vaart admirer but for some reason, i'm not too excited about him being linked to us anymore. the thought of andy van der meyde keeps popping up in my head. he was sensational at ajax and i really thought he would blossom into the world's finest winger. he moved to inter and has sucked ass on a full time basis. but yet again, he might be doing a bergkamp... :wink:

JazzG

Established Member
You used to get the impression some posters on forums used to have orgasms over this player in the past but things have got stale with him. He was however very impressive when he was in good form but I don't recall him having much pace. He was a good player though and whenever I saw him (been a while now if I'm being totally honest) he did seem like he was quite a deceptive in his play which is something that could come in handy for us and he looked pretty good overall, also chips in with a fair amount of goals not sure about his dribbling though, can anyone here who has seen more of him give some info how good his pace and dribbling is?

IF he has the talent and the mentality Wenger can do wonders with him but it depends on him I guess. RvP is more of a striker but VdV could be used in an attacking midfield role. Thing that worries me is for a while now I hear he has been poor so you do wonder if he was just a flash in the pan but Wenger has taken players with talent who aren't doing so well and making them superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom