• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

air

This is a prospect I'm very excited about, I also think Wenger could help him get back to his best.

Bouchra

He used have some magic, a beautiful pass here, a nice trick there. Now all he does is work very hard, but he doesn't even come close to how he played 2 years ago. He's on the bench regularly now. I think he really needs to leave Ajax, cause he needs something new to focus on, but I don't Arsenal would be the right thing for him.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
He could be a target for Sp*rs providing Jol stays. Newcastle are another in need of some decent attacking players for next season.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i hate to say this, but Spuds have been signing some decent players lately... (Mido, Ziegler, etc). If they could somehow get VDV (not likely IMO), they could become much more dangerous.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Jol did say that he would be interested in signing van der Vaart a few months ago. He could be just the creative spark they need in their midfield. However a move to Spain is probably much more likely.

deki9188

ever since he had his knee injury rafael hasnt been the same player, and these concerns are shown by dutch fans. i went to holland and one of the people i spoke to said that he aint the same, and that he has put on a lot of weight.

Arjan

Once again bringing up an old topic.

Today Ajax have officially announced that Rafael van der Vaart will leave Ajax this summer. Not that shocking, but the biggest shock is that they hope !!!! someone is willing to pay 4 million euro for him!

I repeat, Van der Vaart is available for 2.5 million pounds!

IMO he is the best natural replacement for Robert Pires there is.

Mark

Established Member
£2.5mil! Surely Wenger is the man to turn his career around. We'd hardly lose much if it fails, we really should go for him.

A

Anonymous

isnt it funny how quickly things cn shange. 2 years ago they would have asked ofr 15mill plus! now with more experience his price has dropped. Lets hope he gets back form

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
For £2.5m van der Vaart's an absolute bargain. He's probably just as talented as Hleb. Hleb doesn't score many goals where as van der Vaart will probably get you around a dozen each season.

Mark

Established Member
This VdV situation is rather like when we signed Overmars if I recall correctly. Overmars had an injury and quite a few Premiership clubs didn't want him because of it, and Wenger went for him because he was a hurt player with something to prove. Surely Wenger could turn VdV's career around again too. We all know the guy's an awesome talent.

Versatile too. He could play central midfield, left midfield or the Bergkamp role. I definetly think that for £2.5mil we should go for him as if it didn't work out we'd hardly lose much.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, considering we've apparently been outbid by West Brom before, I think we might struggle to fight off the mighty Hamburg... :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
yip, tribal football is always a sure way of knowing whats going on in football: if they say something, it probably hasnt happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom