• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza31

ok

vdv well what can i say if a player has had talent hes always going to have it just lost his way with the team at ajax

he needs to move and i think arsenal could be the place hes a great foootballer on his game we just need to get him on his game
hell be going training with bobby wholl so how hows its done and will learn from the master and bring his game up to are level

lets give him a chance were a team which give people a chance and help them progress.
( anelka )
he was nothing talent was there but when he came he was crap but look what happened brilliant player for us for a season or 2.

vdv has my vote he can sort him self and improve

teitzo

no doubt 2.5m is a good price. but i think Roma is probably the type of club he would go to. he would be good for us though. Arsène would bring out the best in him and if he wasn't starting he'd be a great weapon on the bench.

Zico

Established Member
vieira, henry, kanu, overmars - just some of the players wenger has rescued. vdv would be a great project for him. the fact is he's phenomenally talented and would fit with our total football style. sometimes players just need a new club, a new city, better teammates or a manager who genuinely believes in them. at 4 million euro, you can't do much better, especially if hleb is going for 11 million euro. how much better is hleb? i'll admit that i do not watch bundesliga so i see him only in european games, wheras i see ajax every weekend basically.

Sandip aka Del Piero

Mark said:
This VdV situation is rather like when we signed Overmars if I recall correctly. Overmars had an injury and quite a few Premiership clubs didn't want him because of it, and Wenger went for him because he was a hurt player with something to prove. Surely Wenger could turn VdV's career around again too. We all know the guy's an awesome talent.

Versatile too. He could play central midfield, left midfield or the Bergkamp role. I definetly think that for £2.5mil we should go for him as if it didn't work out we'd hardly lose much.

I agree with this.
Van der Vaart is still imo one of the best youngsters around and at 2.5 mill and Arsenal surely we can't lose! If we get him we will save money as opposed to getting Hleb. VdV has more goals in him and could make a decent replacement for Le Bob.

(plus he looks like Del Piero)

A

Anonymous

Where was this price quoted from exactly?

I'd have thought he'd be more than twice that.

asajoseph

Established Member
It depends on his attitude - if he doesn't have serious intentions about improving his game and working hard, it could just be 2.5 mil down the drain. But that's up to Arsène to judge.

IF he's available for that much, and honestly, I share Stefano's skepticism that he'll move for that little, then on the surface he seems like a great buy.

mood

We should sign him as soon as possible ! ... most clubs would like to sign him.

And for £2.5m?? hell... that's even less than what we paid for van Persie.

I would've paid 3 times that amount for him.

no doubt 2.5m is a good price. but i think Roma is probably the type of club he would go to.

Roma are in a huge crisis this season. They were an embarasment in the Champs League and they lost 15 Serie-A games this season and they could get relegated.

They wont even be in the UEFA cup next season..what player would go to them now?... especially after their recent signings have been ruined over there like Ferrari and Perrotta ..and even Mexes a bit.

RobinVanPersie

Rafael is not the right type of player for Arsenal and Robin and Rafael are not best friends. They almost hate eachother. When Wenger told about Robin on the Amsterdam tournament last year, you had to see the face of Rafael. He looked so sulky because Arsène was very positive about Robin.

He was with Robben and RVP the biggest talent in Holland a few years ago. But Robben and RVP play both for a big international club and he not. And he don't like that. Every big talent like Sneijder, de Jong and Heitinga are bigger then him at this moment. He first needs to improve himself at a good club for him. Because his development stagnate at this moment.

He's also a little bit to fat at the moment. And nobody does something on that. That's realy sad.

It's not that I don't think that VdV doesn't has the talent to become a big player. But I think that he first need some experience somewhere else. The game that Arsenal plays is not his type of game. It's to fast for him. He's more someone for the Spanish competition. And that's also what he wants because his mother is Spanish. So you get in a few years the same situation as with Reyes now.

Bouchra

Stefano said:
Where was this price quoted from exactly?

I'd have thought he'd be more than twice that.

Why do you think he would be worth more? He has a contract untill the summer of 2006, he wants to leave, he is out of form for 2 years. He's way too fat, he's moaning about his position but no matter where he plays, he plays awful. The last year he started working very hard, but it still nothing seems to work out for him...

f4evo

considering none of the transfer rumourse seem to based on actual story, i will start a new one :wink:
this guy will be ideal for arsenal, skilful, good at passing and an attakcing midfielder, will be good to ease the pain of losing Bergkamp
what do you think?

f4evo

the guy wont waste his time there if he knew we were interested, he was a huge prodigy in Holland, coming to Hamburg was almost like a level down for him, i think if Arsenal were interested he would greab the chance

Mostarac

Established Member
f4evo said:
coming to Hamburg was almost like a level down for him

Wrong, it was not a level down for him. Right now, Hamburg are a much better team than Ajax. And, not all players are interested in money/big clubs.

f4evo

i remember after euro2004, he said that he would love to play for any of the four big teams in the premeirship, before any teams really expressed their interest publicly, so i do have a feeling that he wants to play for a big team, he has said in the past that his dream is to play for Barca though

Mostarac

Established Member
Well, I have heard that he rejected a move to a top-club in the Premier League. And, he got everything he needs at Hamburg, they pay him well, he is playing in a good team looking to become one of the best in the Bundesliga, and the interest around Hamburg is increasing in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom