• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4evo

Mostarac said:
Well, I have heard that he rejected a move to a top-club in the Premier League. And, he got everything he needs at Hamburg, they pay him well, he is playing in a good team looking to become one of the best in the Bundesliga, and the interest around Hamburg is increasing in Germany.

it was probably Sp**s :lol:

yeah i agree Hamburg has really improved and is now one of the top teams in Germany, but I think he would want to make it in one of the big three leagues

Kristel

f4evo said:
Mostarac said:
Well, I have heard that he rejected a move to a top-club in the Premier League. And, he got everything he needs at Hamburg, they pay him well, he is playing in a good team looking to become one of the best in the Bundesliga, and the interest around Hamburg is increasing in Germany.

it was probably Sp**s :lol:

yeah i agree Hamburg has really improved and is now one of the top teams in Germany, but I think he would want to make it in one of the big three leagues

I think he want to go to England of Spain, but not next year.
He's probally going to stay another year in Hamburg. They most likely have CL next year, Arsenal hasen't at the moment. He's a important player for Hamburg, he know he will always start in the basis, that's not sure if he come's to Arsenal, so I think he will say antoher year to learn more. At this moment I think there's no club he will leave Hamburg for

f4evo

^yep ive seen that before nice skills there, hopefully if he did come to arsenal, they could do more of that

Sammer

Established Member
Van der Vaart is an immense player and a great addition to any top European team.

He will stay another year though, as HSV is about to buy a good striker for next season (maybe a dutch striker?) in order to compete in the CL.

He will leave Hamburg eventually, but a move at this point would probably a bad choice anyway.

Shagin

he has a massive attitude problem. i was a big fan of his when he was at ajax, but the main reason for that was because of his on field antics.

kicking players off the ball etc.

i dont think he would fit into our team, unless we made some changes

Mostarac

Established Member
Sammer said:
as HSV is about to buy a good striker for next season (maybe a dutch striker?) in order to compete in the CL.

I thought that Hamburg were very interested in Podolski? Atleast according to many reports.

Sammer

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Sammer said:
as HSV is about to buy a good striker for next season (maybe a dutch striker?) in order to compete in the CL.

I thought that Hamburg were very interested in Podolski? Atleast according to many reports.

They are. And a striker combo of Podolski and Barbarez (if he is to stay) would be fantastic. They would compliment each other very well, but my suspicion is that Podolski is off to Bayern.

Mostarac

Established Member
Sammer said:
They are. And a striker combo of Podolski and Barbarez (if he is to stay) would be fantastic. They would compliment each other very well, but my suspicion is that Podolski is off to Bayern.

That is true, but it will be sad if Podolski goes to Bayern. Do you know anything new about the contract extension of Barbarez? A couple of weeks ago, he said that he was not satisfied with Hamburg`s new offer to him.

Kristel

Mostarac said:
Sammer said:

That is true, but it will be sad if Podolski goes to Bayern. Do you know anything new about the contract extension of Barbarez? A couple of weeks ago, he said that he was not satisfied with Hamburg`s new offer to him.

Untill now he hasn't singed a new contract.

Sammer

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Sammer said:

He is still looking to sign a 2-year contract, which is understandable from his point, but you can also understand Hamburgs point of only offereing 1 year.

Hamburg has a history of granting long-running contracts to it´s players (too long in many cases), and the new Manager Dietmar Beiersdorfer is trying to implement a more sensible approach.

Anyway, Barbarez has been a class player for Hamburg, and it would be great to see him finish his career in Hamburg. On the other hand, there are only few strikers that perform on a constant high-level at the age of 36....

cksoon2273

I would be sticking more to reality now

1st Prob faced and must be dealt: Henry contract- seems like this guy wont sign unless Arsenal wins the Champions League. Hope he sign though, he's a massive player for Arsenal...irreplaceable like Bergkamp

2nd: Arsenal Have up and coming players such as Theo Walcott and Arturo Lupoli. Not to mention its now hard to place players in starting eleven with quality players such as Campbell, Pires, Diaby and Robin Van Persie wanting to play. And this list will be growing when Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy and Lauren came back, and we must not forget how to place Hoyte when he came back from loan. Alliadere anyone?

3rd : I dont think Arsenal will need to sign unless the players of real real quality. I would want a central defender though, so that we got at least a backup for all position. But i think Arsenal's squad's large enough to cope right now. We got talented youngsters in Alex Song, Muamba, Ryan, etc.

Save the money and relieve the club from shouldering the new stadium burden as soon as possible. That's what i think

Blackjag

Re: I would be sticking more to reality now

cksoon2273 said:
1st Prob faced and must be dealt: Henry contract- seems like this guy wont sign unless Arsenal wins the Champions League. Hope he sign though, he's a massive player for Arsenal...irreplaceable like Bergkamp

2nd: Arsenal Have up and coming players such as Theo Walcott and Arturo Lupoli. Not to mention its now hard to place players in starting eleven with quality players such as Campbell, Pires, Diaby and Robin Van Persie wanting to play. And this list will be growing when Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy and Lauren came back, and we must not forget how to place Hoyte when he came back from loan. Alliadere anyone?

3rd : I dont think Arsenal will need to sign unless the players of real real quality. I would want a central defender though, so that we got at least a backup for all position. But i think Arsenal's squad's large enough to cope right now. We got talented youngsters in Alex Song, Muamba, Ryan, etc.

Save the money and relieve the club from shouldering the new stadium burden as soon as possible. That's what i think

amen brother, if we keep signing every player that we think is good what will happen to all the talented youngsters in our club he is d*mn rigt about rellieving the financial burden on the stadium

lee1001

Established Member
f4evo said:
considering none of the transfer rumourse seem to based on actual story, i will start a new one :wink:

Hmm.... I hate the "Transfer & Rumours" room. It used to be that you would come in here and see a name in the title and your heart would skip a beat if it was an exciting player because there was a possibility of him signing.

Now all it takes is some numpty to see a half decent player in Mongolia or unearth a gem in Football Manager and it warrants a thread, with comments such as " I fink we shud get tat player"

Crap!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Mostarac said:
Sammer said:

isn't Podosli earmarked for Bayern? Makaay isnät getting any younger and the need a new star if Ballack leaves

nazo

Established Member
Great player, I like him alot. He would obviously add something to the team. It's unlikely we will sign him though.
On Hamburg, they are building one heck of a team. They look very strong but only lack another good forward.

Oh and isn't Podolski Bayern bound? He has Bayern written all over him.

f4evo

i think there is a good chance we would sign van der vaart, his talent has been apparent before, then people have forgotten about him since one bad season at ajax and now he is on a comeback but im not sure if the big clubs will go for him straightaway, i just have the feeling that wenger will swoop for him - after all wenger is great at helping people whose careers have stalled

Amadeor

i think there is a good chance we would sign van der vaart, his talent has been apparent before, then people have forgotten about him since one bad season at ajax and now he is on a comeback but im not sure if the big clubs will go for him straightaway, i just have the feeling that wenger will swoop for him - after all wenger is great at helping people whose careers have stalled

If you had posted this a year ago, I would have said "top post" and "it makes sense". Sadly, you're a year too late, as Van der Vaart has been the absolute star of the Bundesliga when he wasn't injured. There's a Van der Vaart-mania going on there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom