• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raffaele De Martino

JoseReyes29

Arsenal lure away Roma starlet? Saturday 29 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giallorossi youngster Raffaele De Martino has ‘disappeared’ amid reports he’s flown out for talks with Arsenal, while Francesco Totti has a new sponsor.

This week the Capital club has sliced chunks out of its squad with the news that Mido (Tottenham), Marco Delvecchio (Brescia), Luigi Sartor (Genoa), Gaetano D’Agostino (Messina) and Vincent Candela (Bolton) have all been sold.

Candela reportedly terminated his contract late last night and flew out to Britain for negotiations, though so far Roma have only revealed that the Frenchman has been given permission to miss training.

That is not the case for Raffaele De Martino, who has seemingly gone AWOL from the youth team training camp.

The 18-year-old midfielder was complaining of stomach pains and headed back to Rome for tests, but according to reports he never showed up. There are suggestions he returned home for family reasons, but the Italian newspapers insist he has flown out to London.

De Martino has already featured in Serie A and the Champions’ League for the Giallorossi this season, but is not yet tied to a professional contract.

It’s claimed that Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham and Glasgow Rangers are all interested in taking him on for a new start in Britain.

Meanwhile, Francesco Totti has terminated his long-term deal with Nike and signed a four-year contract with Diadora, said to be worth in the region of £700,000 per season. The Roma captain could wear his new boots this weekend against Messina.

Mark

Established Member
I saw this. Sounds interesting, but we'll probably hear nothing about it ever again.

Canuck

Established Member
Thought this was pure BS on the part of the Italian press until Mostarac brought up the comparision to Gattuso whom Wenger has said he admires. That caught my attention. Still, I wouldn't bet on this being anything, if they announce it soon I'll eat my sandwich but don't hold your breath.

kiddou

Well some people might say that this is a very shrewd move ( like the deals with Quincy, Lupoli, Flamini ) but would you feel the same if some club lure away our youngsters ... Personally I don't like these kind of dealings and even though there probably arent any illegal actions, it just doesn't feel right. Let's just pay for those youngsters if they're that good, or if we don't have the money simply don't buy them because we have plenty of talent in our youth ranks ( hopefully :).

MightyArsenal

Marcotti on talksport has just stated that The signing will be announced tomorrow! Roma are very unhappy..they might do a marseille on us....But he will be ineligible for the champions league.

Latest posts

Top Bottom