• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raffaele De Martino

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
He'd better be worth the fuss it's inevitably gonna cause. We've already had many unsettling off-field dramas this season, I just pray this won't turn out to be another. :?

MightyArsenal

I remember watching the match where he played against Real madrid, but I didnt really notice him to be honest. Im guessing hes good technically and likes making a tackle. He probably plays the way cesc does except more defensively minded ala flamini.

the guy is very good......
i dont know how far is from contribuiting at the top level.
i saw him playing in several occasions, even with the first team
hes a warrior.
he reminds of gattuso.

asajoseph

Established Member
Hey, it's not true until it's announced.

Here's a theory - Wenger, annoyed at all the irritating speculation about players he might sign (and also tired of having to spend his time looking at players, when he'd rather be playing golf ;) ), sees the suspended transfer ban as an opportunity, and immediately decides to act in a way that might lead to it being enforced.

Coincidence? Hmmmm...

Asa

PS. Whilst this is just a joke, I DO realise that the suspended ban was incurred for different reasons.

Mostarac

Established Member
We got a ban because we used a UNLICENSED agent, if we sign de Martino it would surely be legal but maybe not ethical in a way. This player refuses to sign a professional contract with Roma which means that any club(with some compensation to Roma) can sign this player now.

asajoseph

Established Member
Mostarac,

I normally respect what you post here, but just for the record - I expressedly stated in my post above that:-

1)
this is just a joke

2)
I DO realise that the suspended ban was incurred for different reasons

Really helps if you read the whole thing.

asajoseph

Established Member
No problem. I'm also surprised that we've done a similar thing to what we did with Flamini before that situation has been resolved.

JoseReyes29

Listen you bunch of jokers. this is completely different to flamini's case.

In France players that have been brought up through a french teams youth team HAVE to sign their first proffessional contract with that team!

In italy there is no such rule, this transfer is completely legal.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The last page of that thread on the Roma forums has an article from goal.com confirming that the player has signed with a Swiss team and is set to join us in the summer (last bit is unconfirmed but even then the Romans think the deal is he will go to Juve in the summer and not us).

Arsenal Behind Young Roma Prospect Swiss Escape?
1/31/2005 8:01:00 PM
Young Italian prospect Raffaele De Martino signed with Swiss side Bellinzona today, a move Goal.com’s Italian edition believes was orchestrated by Arsenal.
De Martino, who signed with the Swiss until 2010, will play with Bellinzona for the next sixth months, after which he will make the move to London’s main stage, continues our Italian site's report.

Last week, the former AS Roma player ran away from the Viareggio youth tournament he was partaking in with the young Roman wolves in order to allegedly agree terms with the Gunners.

"Roma made us an offer that could have been considered good at the beginning of the season, but not now. We moved perfectly within the rules," said the player's agent Galli.

Roma have already said they will bring the case against the player to court.

Mostarac

Established Member
Where does it say that he will go to Juventus? I think that de Martino might be a Arsenal-player 01.06.2005.

Top Bottom