• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Most of us will have seen the unlikely newspaper links, now he's come out with a want away interview:

Personally as talented as he is I'm not he's what we need with the prohibitive cost.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'd take him, of course, exciting young talent. However, if I'm being completely honest;

A. In the interview he wasn't exactly clear on why he turned down £100k p/w, which is crazy money for someone in his position, at a team that values him ridiculously high.

B. Some may disagree but I think Oxlade-Chamberlain is the more talented player. With the season he's had another young winger with potential would be a bit counter-productive. Someone like Reus you can understand.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tuned into Talksport and they're asking Arsenal fans if we want him. Also, the presenter suggests Sterling wants a move to London.

I'm not getting sucked in, not after I had my heart broken with the Suarez crap. That said, he's a Londoner and I'm not sure he's a Jose type player, and we have money.

Theo plus 30M?

Bigbludfire

Established Member
He turned it down because Liverpool won't match his ambitions, the fact that he said he would have signed a contract last season if it was offered basically confirmed it.

Don't know why this justifies a thread on its own though, he's not linked to us at all

scytheavatar

Established Member
The fact that he has "ambitions" and think he's too good for Liverpool is a big red flag, when he's just an unproven 20 year old with a lot of room for improvement.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If we'll spend over 30M on a player, he better be Reus than Sterling.

Reus would probably be comfortable with 100k/month and as for Sterling although he had a phenomenal season last year, I think the media are hyping him up more than what he's worth.

Give me some Rolls Reus...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The only chance we have is if he wants to return to London, then it'll be between us and Chelsea who themselves are linked with Walcott.

He'll go to City.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The Scousers would go in full Mississippi Burning mode on Sterling if he gets close to leave, so he'll probably be forced to stay like Suarez and Stevie G.

Wouldn't mind him here, but there are a few players I'd rather have.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd take him if we lose Theo. Younger more talented more likely to improve less dependent upon pace.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah would definitely want him if Theo was definitely set on leaving this summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The other good thing about him is that he can also play on the left, as a no. 10 and even upfront. If we did lose Theo for him we'd lose guaranteed goals but gain a potential superstar.

Think he'd prefer us to City. We play younger players, he'll have mates here. At City things could well go wrong for him quickly.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We should swap him with Theo + a bit cash, this way everyone will be happy, and we'll hopefully not have to fork out 50M, or something crazy like that, otherwise I don't see it happening.

He's playing with amateurs at Pool, no wonder he wants out. Here he'd be among many good players, Özil, Sanchez, Santi, Ox, Ramsey, etc. All, who would be superstars at Pool. Imagine being set up by these guys as opposed to Allen and Henderson, he'll probably take our first offer and run away from that ****hole as fast as he can.

say yes

forum master baiter
Also, from the only 'ITK' worth his weight on twitter:

DC‏@DeanLDN22
Have it from an impeccable source that Arsenal have a strong interest in Raheem Sterling. Walcott could be used in any deal to sign him #afc

That's from over 2 weeks ago, before any of the papers were carrying the story.

Assumed he was just winding up scousers at the time, but here's hoping!

Edit: The imbedded tweets is a really cool feature!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm not sure about Sterling.

I don't doubt his quality and I believe he could be great for us, but this whole contract thing at Liverpool and how Sterling handles that....I'm not that "impressed".

You can't on one hand say what van Persie did was wrong, and on the other hand happily welcome a player like Sterling who's acting similar to an extent, right now.

If it comes between Theo and Sterling, I'd easily pick the latter one, as he has more upside I'd say. And some would say that we'd just be trading one player with poor handling of contracts, with another.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think the only way he comes to Arsenal is if he says No to everyone else, and I dont think that will happen. Anyway, I'd rather focus on bringing in Reus and we wont be going for both.

Livedk

Established Member
An in form Theo would improve Liverpool massively though and he would slot right in. Unless he keeps on getting the podolski treatment from Wenger I cant see him join pool - they wont offer him much more money than we will and they will be out of the CL next year.

It would be nice to see Theo end his career with us - having been here since he was 16.

would obviously take sterling - but not all that fussed if we dont, we dont really need him - even if we sell walcott we are overstocked on the wings, ox is ready to take of and we got Gnabry coming through.

Would rather take Lacazette than Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom