• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

US_Gooner

Established Member
I know it sounds crazy, but now that Wilshere's adding goals to his locker (and not tap-ins or PKs, and at the international level), I could see his value going over £40m next year, after an injury-free season. I think he seriously has it in him to reach Bergkamp level, not kidding.

Anyway, I can't wait for 2-3 years from now when Sterling holds Man City hostage for £400K/wk wages, like Rooney did.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I know it sounds crazy, but now that Wilshere's adding goals to his locker (and not tap-ins or PKs, and at the international level), I could see his value going over £40m next year, after an injury-free season. I think he seriously has it in him to reach Bergkamp level, not kidding.

Anyway, I can't wait for 2-3 years from now when Sterling holds Man City hostage for £400K/wk wages, like Rooney did.
Wilshere..Injury free season??

Unfornately just don't think that's possible anymore. He'd be a monster right now if he didn't have a terrible injury record.

Also don't think he's got a position nailed down yet either. Wouldn't start him if we had all our players fit. Doesn't displace Ramsey or Cazorla at CM yet and I would have Ox and Walcott at RW over him too.

But I suppose Wenger will try and squeeze him in somewhere like the beginning of last season so likely to get sufficient game time.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That sounds all nice and all, but he'd have to sign another contract for that to happen. Something he didn't do at his last two clubs.
At his last two clubs he hasn't been sold for more than he was bought for?

Must have missed it when Liverpool unveiled their last 50m signing

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

City apparently offered us more than 40 already. We said naw.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Id assume the fact that hes a much more talented footballer.

Its possible however that he is also referring to his superior hairstyles/physique?
Based on? Explain, please, how Wilshere is a better footballer. What has he done or achieved aside from being the first jn and last out of our treatment table?

Before anyone accuses me for anti Wilshereness I think he has fantastic potential but so did Diaby. Wilshere has proven the square root of **** all outside of one great game for this club. Sterling has had an outstanding season for Liverpool followed up by a more than decent season.Wilshere has never finished a full season for this club

Based on? Explain, please, how Wilshere is a better footballer. What has he done or achieved aside from being the first jn and last out of our treatment table?

Before anyone accuses me for anti Wilshereness I think he has fantastic potential but so did Diaby. Wilshere has proven the square root of **** all outside of one great game for this club. Sterling has had an outstanding season for Liverpool followed up by a more than decent season.Wilshere has never finished a full season for this club

Talent is largely opinion based when comparing two young players. For me, Jack can do almost anything on the pitch, he can tackle, pass, shoot, has sublime first touch and links up with his teammates incredibly well.

Sterling can run faster than some players but not that fast, beat a man/two then lose the ball. He's basically gervinho 2-0. Same headless chicken flailing feet tazmanian devil dribble and hope style, but hes better at it. Doesnt have the decision making to be a world class player, unless Pellegrini coaches it into him.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

That 'one great game' you refer to is in a season which Wilshere actually completed, so yes, he has finished a full season. A lot of his injury issues stemmed from the fact that he played too much too young, which resulted in a stress fracture in one of his much maligned ankles.

Wilshere is definitely a more talented player than Sterling. He's a better passer, he's stronger, has a better shot from distance and overall is superior technically.

sammyvine

That 'one great game' you refer to is in a season which Wilshere actually completed, so yes, he has finished a full season. A lot of his injury issues stemmed from the fact that he played too much too young, which resulted in a stress fracture in one of his much maligned ankles.

Wilshere is definitely a more talented player than Sterling. He's a better passer, he's stronger, has a better shot from distance and overall is superior technically.

Why on earth are you comparing a CM to a winger? He will obviously be a better passer as he is a creative midfielder/

Its like saying Iniesta is a better passer than Ronaldo. Its expected lol.

Sterling and Wilshere are similar talents. There is a reason why Sterling is the current European Golden boy winner. He needs to change his attitude Sterling otherwise he will be another waste of space but since this whole saga he has become terribly underrated/ He is a massive talent.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Yeah I'd say Wilshere is a superior footballer all round but it's always hard to compare players in two different positions. Sterling is a better winger. Jack is a better CM..

Sterling is also a few years younger so has plenty of time to develop in those areas Wilshere betters him.

They're both brilliant players, the two most valuable for our English team atm imo. Jacks got his spot nailed down in that team, just a shame he hasn't in ours.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Why on earth are you comparing a CM to a winger? He will obviously be a better passer as he is a creative midfielder/

Its like saying Iniesta is a better passer than Ronaldo. Its expected lol.

Sterling and Wilshere are similar talents. There is a reason why Sterling is the current European Golden boy winner. He needs to change his attitude Sterling otherwise he will be another waste of space but since this whole saga he has become terribly underrated/ He is a massive talent.

The question was how is Wilshere better than Sterling and I explained why. So what if they play different positions? Let's not pretend they can't be compared. Iniesta is a better passer than Ronaldo yeah, is he a superior player no.

Under no circumstances am I underrating Sterling, I'm a huge fan he's got massive potential. But at this current moment, for me, Wilsh is a better player. Wouldn't put too much stock into that Golden Boy award either, Balotelli, Pato and bloody Anderson are among previous winners.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
That price tag could ruin Sterling. If he's not assisting 30 goals a season journalists will pressure the **** out of him.

sammyvine

The question was how is Wilshere better than Sterling and I explained why. So what if they play different positions? Let's not pretend they can't be compared. Iniesta is a better passer than Ronaldo yeah, is he a superior player no.

Under no circumstances am I underrating Sterling, I'm a huge fan he's got massive potential. But at this current moment, for me, Wilsh is a better player. Wouldn't put too much stock into that Golden Boy award either, Balotelli, Pato and bloody Anderson are among previous winners.
Yes and for every golden boy winner you can also have Aguero, Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba and Rooney.

Anderson and Blaotelli didn't make it because of dedication and handwork imo. if they had the attitude of a player like Rambo for example they would have been world class.

sammyvine

That price tag could ruin Sterling. If he's not assisting 30 goals a season journalists will pressure the **** out of him.

You can already see it. No matter how much you try the press and media are a powerful tool and then can really finish a players reputation. Look at Cashley for example. Even C-Ronaldo is always seen as the 'evil' one in the 'Messi vs Ronaldo' debate because the media have labelled Messi the 'good guy'.

A lot of the football media are pro Pool and you can see the witch hunt gathering against Sterling. The pressure on him will be immense and I am not sure if he has the Ronaldo like mentality to overcome all the boo's and negativity when he doesn't perform. Bar those two all the other golden boy winners have lived up to expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom