• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raio Piiroja

Corny

Gunners eye Estonian star
Sky Sports

<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=228492&CPID=94&CLID=3&lid=&title=Gunners+eye+Estonian+star" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... onian+star</a>

Arsenal dispatched scouts to watch Norwegian side Fredrikstad last weekend with the Scandinavian press suggesting Estonia international Raio Piiroja was their target.

The 25-year-old is on a season-long loan at the Norwegian Tippeliga outfit from Flora Talinn and has caught the eye despite the side's less than impressive campaign.

Fredrikstad sit 11th in the 14-team league with just four games to go, but the form of Piiroja has been one of the bright spots.

Norwegian paper Fredriksstad Blad claims it was the defender that Arsenal, as well as Feyenoord, were monitoring, although Piiroja played down the interest.

"I got a relaxed relationship to interest from the outside, but of course is it flattering," he declared.

Fredrikstad have an option to buy the player which allows them first refusal when his loan expires, and Piiroja insists he would be happy to stay at the Scandinavian club.

"I relate to the club and enjoy being an FFK player, I have never hidden the fact that I want to stay here after the season."

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do you know anything about him. Is a bit old compared to AW's usual buys.

malagar

Raio Piiroja has played 47 games for the Estonian national team and scored 4 goals .
Is a little bit crazy in going in for headers and has broken his nose three times in doing so.
As an Estonian I actually cant believe my eyes seeing this news because I am not sure if Piiroja would amtch arsenal standards . He used to lack in passin skills but they say that he has improved it in Norway .
But still I guess its jsut an empty rumour .

jasonlohkh

Arsenal dispatched scouts to watch Norwegian side Fredrikstad last weekend with the Scandinavian press suggesting Estonia international Raio Piiroja was their target.

Mayb Wenger is scouting another young talent at Fredrikstad and not Raio Piiroja. Even Frerikstad is not sure who we are scouting? Mayb def partner of Raio

kovacs

Raio was at loan at Vålerenga(my team in Norway) last season and was not even a first team regular. Even though we have two very good central defenders, I find it a bit strange that Arsenal might be interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom