• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

Deathstroke

The Terminator
What about houses? Are we the Starks?

Surely the Lannisters would be more appropriate.

Fallen on hard times, sheen worn off the reputation, name no longer carrying the weight it once did. When money was spent on reinforcements, it still ended in decimation; yet, we cling on to the moral iron throne, even if Queen Arsei is developing a worrying tendency to use generals as foot soldiers and vice versa.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
http://bundesligafanatic.com/flashi...mmeasurable-importance-of-the-2008-09-season/

Was so lucky to have had the Bundesliga brought to my attention during the incredible 2008-2009 season. So many meaty narratives all playing out at the same time.

Who could forget the swashbuckling Hoffenehim, who swept all before them in the 1st half of the season? Who could forget that devastating triangle consisting of Ibisevic, Ba, and Obasi, supported by the likes of the set-piece wizard Salihovic, Carlos Eduardo, who was so full of verve, and the defensive steel of Luiz Gustavo? We can only dream of what could have been had Ibisevic, who had notched up 18 goals and 7 assists in the 1st half of the season, not ruptured his ACL in a practice match during the winter break.

Who could forget the patchwork team put together under Favre at a skint Hertha Berlin, who made being miserly fashionable? A no-fuss team characterised both by their defensive rigidity, and well structured, and no doubt well practised, counter-attacks. The team where I first saw the delightful little Brazilian Raffael.

And of course who could forget the league winners Wolfsburg, who, in the 2nd half of the season, blasted their way to the league title. In many ways, the 2008-2009 edition of the Bundesliga season was the story of 2 different triangles. The first which I've already mentioned is that of Hoffenheim's. The second is that of Wolfsburg's. Dzeko, Grafite, and Misimovic. Although they shone brightly together for just that one season, the embers of what once was will never be snuffed out, in my memory at least. The precociously gifted Misimovic, a player who disliked running, who ironically was playing under a manager who made it his brand. The unknown Dzeko, plucked the season before from relative obscurity . And of course, top scorer, Grafite who had up until that point been a mediocre journeyman.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Fallen on hard times, sheen worn off the reputation, name no longer carrying the weight it once did. When money was spent on reinforcements, it still ended in decimation; yet, we cling on to the moral iron throne, even if Queen Arsei is developing a worrying tendency to use generals as foot soldiers and vice versa.
But you could also say our misguided sense of doing things the right way and trying to be honorable in a dishonorable world has brought great misfortune to our family

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I found the Game Of Thrones version funnier.

"ARSENAL: SANSA STARK

Stylish, elegant, visually appealing, with an illustrious heritage – and often within touching distance of power. Yet recent years have been painful and many loyal supporters wish there was just a bit more backbone on display. Key debate: should they really keep listening to the honeyed words of long-term advisor Lord Arséne Littlewenger?"

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...r-league-club-was-a-game-thrones-character?il

Maybe one of these days they'll do one for a show I've actually seen. Maybe which Doctor Who character or which Orphan Black clone. :D

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Lannisters have a lot of money and resources and aren't shy of spending. I think Starks is a better fit.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

http://bundesligafanatic.com/flashi...mmeasurable-importance-of-the-2008-09-season/

Was so lucky to have had the Bundesliga brought to my attention during the incredible 2008-2009 season. So many meaty narratives all playing out at the same time.

Who could forget the swashbuckling Hoffenehim, who swept all before them in the 1st half of the season? Who could forget that devastating triangle consisting of Ibisevic, Ba, and Obasi, supported by the likes of the set-piece wizard Salihovic, Carlos Eduardo, who was so full of verve, and the defensive steel of Luiz Gustavo? We can only dream of what could have been had Ibisevic, who had notched up 18 goals and 7 assists in the 1st half of the season, not ruptured his ACL in a practice match during the winter break.

Who could forget the patchwork team put together under Favre at a skint Hertha Berlin, who made being miserly fashionable? A no-fuss team characterised both by their defensive rigidity, and well structured, and no doubt well practised, counter-attacks. The team where I first saw the delightful little Brazilian Raffael.

And of course who could forget the league winners Wolfsburg, who, in the 2nd half of the season, blasted their way to the league title. In many ways, the 2008-2009 edition of the Bundesliga season was the story of 2 different triangles. The first which I've already mentioned is that of Hoffenheim's. The second is that of Wolfsburg's. Dzeko, Grafite, and Misimovic. Although they shone brightly together for just that one season, the embers of what once was will never be snuffed out, in my memory at least. The precociously gifted Misimovic, a player who disliked running, who ironically was playing under a manager who made it his brand. The unknown Dzeko, plucked the season before from relative obscurity . And of course, top scorer, Grafite who had up until that point been a mediocre journeyman.

I remember watching a lot of that season. I miss the years when Bayern weren't crap. Used to play as Bremen all the time on FIFA when they had the dream team of Micoud, Ailton and Charisteas.

BobP

Memri Fan
I remember watching a lot of that season. I miss the years when Bayern weren't crap. Used to play as Bremen all the time on FIFA when they had the dream team of Micoud, Ailton and Charisteas.

There was also the Stuttgart team which won the title in 06-07. Another triangle composed of Antonio da Silva, Gomez, and Cacau.

The Bremen team during that period was based, always played really good football under Schaaf.

Had guys like Ailton, Baumann, Pizarro, Borowski, Krstajic, Klasnic, Micoud, Charisteas, Frings, Rost, Ismael, Klose, Zidan, Naldo, Owomoyela, Wiese, Nelson Valdez, Fritz, Almeida, Mertesacker, Diego, Özil and Hunt all play for them at one time or another.

Problem is that they couldn't keep up their excellent business in the market. The decisive turning point was Özil's departure. Schaaf's teams relied so much on the no. 10 in the midfield diamond. When Micoud went they replaced him with Diego and then when Diego they promoted Özil to that spot. But when Özil left they had Marin and brought in Wesley, and both just weren't at the level of any of the former 3.

Latest posts

Top Bottom