Random Football Stuff

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by tap-in, Jul 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Wales players better hide their wives, sisters and mothers from this scumbag.

2. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

http://newsthump.com/2018/01/15/rya...tos-of-their-wives-to-first-training-session/

3. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

4. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

As far as I can work out he's briefly been an assistant coach and caretaker manager in 2014, since when he has done nothing whatsoever and now he walks into the Wales job? Pff.

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Well-Known Member

My grandmother would have said this is enough to puke a dog off the gut wagon. I realize he was just trying to be funny, but Piers Morgan has asked Donald Trump to replace Wenger as Arsenal manager. It's bad enough having Piers Morgan as a fan of the club, but if Trump ever had anything official to do with the club I'd become a Chelsea fan.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ers-Morgan-US-president-replace-Arséne-Wenger

El Granit-Coq and SomGooner like this.
  6. Heskey

Heskey Well-Known Member

7. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Called that **** two years ago. Props.

BobP and carlito'sway like this.
  8. al-Ustaadh

9. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

Thanks mate.....I was blown away by these two guys. Mbappe in particular was simply electric!

El Granit-Coq and SomGooner like this.
  10. al-Ustaadh

What happened to Augustin?

SomGooner likes this.
  11. carlito'sway

He went to RB Leizig for 15 M Euros last Summer. Scored 4 goals for them so far. He is nowhere close to Mbappe level though.

SomGooner and al-Ustaadh like this.
  12. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Everyone is excited about Beckham having an MLS team in Miami but I reckon it's doomed to fail. Miami is an awful sports city. Even with the large Cuban population they can't get people to go to watch the Marlins play baseball. Even when they had Lebron James with the Heat they weren't selling out games. The college football team is by far the most popular team in the city. I just cannot imagine them being a big draw with whatever washed up players they can recruit to join the regular MLS fodder.

SomGooner likes this.
  13. That's brilliant, love it :D

14. Fingers crossed.

15. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Well-Known Member

This is one of the coolest things ever:

I’ve been wanting to visit Clapton’s colourfully named home, the Old Spotted Dog Ground, for some time. Firstly because I lived in Clapton when I first came to London and have played cricket on Millfields, where they used to play their games. And secondly because, while they are an amateur club in the Essex Senior League – the ninth tier of the football pyramid - they have a rich history.

Thirdly, because there’s a simmering backstory involving a dispute between the owner of the club and its hardcore fans, which has familiar echoes for my friends and me, who spend most weekends watching the Arsenal. The Clapton Ultras are a unique set of supporters who openly oppose racism, sexism, homophobia and fascism.

They support a host of social causes, raising money for charities and community projects, supporting refugees, collecting donations for food banks - and famously collecting all their own rubbish from the terraces at the end of home and away games. They’ve also taken Clapton’s average attendance from 20 when they were formed in 2011-12 to last season’s 335 (with a high of 761).

Today they are conspicuous by their absence because, although I’d read that their long-running boycott of home games was over, it turns out that it isn’t – something that becomes clear at half time when I realise there’s a group of about 20 people behind a wall in one corner of the ground, confusingly combining cheers for the team with abuse for its owner.

Read the rest of the article here:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...but-this-is-not-arsenal-this-is-a3757086.html

SomGooner and al-Ustaadh like this.
  16. al-Ustaadh

17. carlito'sway

Goal of the year so far....

tap-in likes this.
  18. tap-in

tap-in :|

Great shot for a defender, it would have been far better if it wasn't into his own goal!

19. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

"These African players who care deeply about Africa and want to help African sport blah blah blah all the while fighting with a team mate on the international stage in 2014...you really make me laugh...but I guess those are your values".

Holy sh*t, broadsides fired by Kylian there. For someone so young his maturity and outspokenness is remarkable. I predict this guy to be one of the most prominent people in football, both on the pitch and off it, for the next 20 years and beyond.

20. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

wtf.

American_Gooner likes this.