• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

E5eq-C1XEAEeNiw

This is so incredible when you think of it.

First of all the formation choice playing SWP as a RWB in an era when this formation was nowhere near being as popular as it is now. Taylor and Anton Ferdinand chosen while Terry is on the bench. David Dunn being in there and Lampard wasn't even considered at all. I would say Carrick being on the bench is laughable but that ended up being reality. Combine this with the failure to qualify (I mean they should've but still) and it's quite incredible how so often football doesn't work out how you'd expect.

SWP ended up having a pretty mediocre career given all his hype, I know he won some medals and all but still. Ironically did end up starting for England in the 2010 world cup which I still find unbelievable, wasn't like he was in top form at the time. Taylor would end up having a fairly mediocre career staying at Newcastle and Anton Ferdinand's most notable moment was being racially abused by the England captain. Dunn was a mid-table player throughout his career and never got another England cap after his debut.

It is weird how Lampard was never considered at all here when he'd go on to be runner up Ballon d'Or to Ronaldinho not too long after.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
E5eq-C1XEAEeNiw

This is so incredible when you think of it.

First of all the formation choice playing SWP as a RWB in an era when this formation was nowhere near being as popular as it is now. Taylor and Anton Ferdinand chosen while Terry is on the bench. David Dunn being in there and Lampard wasn't even considered at all. I would say Carrick being on the bench is laughable but that ended up being reality. Combine this with the failure to qualify (I mean they should've but still) and it's quite incredible how so often football doesn't work out how you'd expect.

SWP ended up having a pretty mediocre career given all his hype, I know he won some medals and all but still. Ironically did end up starting for England in the 2010 world cup which I still find unbelievable, wasn't like he was in top form at the time. Taylor would end up having a fairly mediocre career staying at Newcastle and Anton Ferdinand's most notable moment was being racially abused by the England captain. Dunn was a mid-table player throughout his career and never got another England cap after his debut.

It is weird how Lampard was never considered at all here when he'd go on to be runner up Ballon d'Or to Ronaldinho not too long after.

I think Keegan played a 5-3-2 at City back then, SWP was a RWB in his first year or so in the Premiership if I recall.

David Dunn was a good player...but ever since he tried that rabona, missed it, fell on his arse, then Steve Bruce laughed at him...you just can't take him seriously.

Also...imagine if this England team, formation and all...played that Spain team that won Euro 2008?

The phrase, "Stop, he's already dead", springs to mind :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Anyone seen this? Probably old I’ve just come across it. Goes full full Joey Barton 😭
Apparently you do this subconsciously when you're speaking to non-native English speakers. I remember seeing this clip then he was back with the England squad a few weeks later sounding normal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Apparently you do this subconsciously when you're speaking to non-native English speakers. I remember seeing this clip then he was back with the England squad a few weeks later sounding normal.
Are you taking the piss? It's outrageous! Joey Barton got crucified for less 😀 The funny part is people are commenting that he does it so German people understand his English better. I mean, ok, they most probably wont understand road, but just talking his normal English accent couldn't possibly be harder to understand than fake german English!?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Are you taking the piss? It's outrageous! Joey Barton got crucified for less 😀 The funny part is people are commenting that he does it so German people understand his English better. I mean, ok, they most probably wont understand road, but just talking his normal English accent couldn't possibly be harder to understand than fake german English!?
I'm not taking the piss, accent mirroring is a real thing. I think he probably wanted to speak English slower so people could understand but it ended up coming out like that.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm not taking the piss, accent mirroring is a real thing. I think he probably wanted to speak English slower so people could understand but it ended up coming out like that.

It's true. When I speak Arabic to non-native Arabic speakers I tend to speak it like they do so that they may understand me. It's done unconsciously, but it's what happens. And I'm not the only one, everybody does it. Even if I were speaking say to an Egyptian Arabic speaker, or a Syrian Arabic speaker, or whatever, my own native accent becomes diluted, and I begin to use their vernacular. It's odd, but it's true.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Quite normal, when I speak to Europeans I change my accent, I can sense it.

Was born in Kenya too, change my accent again when I speak to locals there.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Turns out Shteeve McClaren shouldn't have been mocked all those years ago after all, he was just trying to blend in.

Oh_Snap

yeah it really is. my brother went to the usa for a year in highschool and had a thick accent for 3 month after he came back.

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom