• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Can't Muslim players get special dispensation from their Imam wrt Ramadan? Like not being able to eat or drink while performing high intensity workouts seems borderline dangerous?

Ramadan

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Can't Muslim players get special dispensation from their Imam wrt Ramadan? Like not being able to eat or drink while performing high intensity workouts seems borderline dangerous?

Ramadan
Imo from the current players we have, I am not sure if Xhaka observes Ramadan and Partey is probably not going to do it too, although he recently 'converted'

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Ramadan

They don't need special dispensation. They can simply not fast on matchdays & make up those days after Ramadan has elapsed.

I seem to recall that's precisely what Kolo Toure used to do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think it's because I started supporting Arsenal back in 1993 that the original logo will always be the one I'm fondest of the most.

Either of the first two are acceptable answers, imo.

Anyone who likes the 3rd one the most, are the types who put the milk in before the cereal...aka, people who you can't fully trust!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Ramadan
Like @Sapient Hawk you don't need permission you can just skip them and fast afterwards.

That said you absolutely don't need to do that as a football player, not even when Ramadan was during high summer couple years ago. I knew boxers who would fast during camp, even I up my workout intensity during Ramadan. The human body is more than capable of handling it.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Like @Sapient Hawk you don't need permission you can just skip them and fast afterwards.

That said you absolutely don't need to do that as a football player, not even when Ramadan was during high summer couple years ago. I knew boxers who would fast during camp, even I up my workout intensity during Ramadan. The human body is more than capable of handling it.

It depends on a number of factors - I do a "gentle" intermittent fast where I don't eat until noon. I'll wake up, have a coffee first thing and hit the gym straight away at 6am no problems. However, if I didn't do a work out until say noon while continuing to fast, my blood sugars would be ****ed.

Obviously there are ways to time the eating of food and what not but yeah I'm just looking at this through the prism of my personal daily routine and I know if I had to do that without adjustments I would be ****ed lol.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It depends on a number of factors - I do a "gentle" intermittent fast where I don't eat until noon. I'll wake up, have a coffee first thing and hit the gym straight away at 6am no problems. However, if I didn't do a work out until say noon while continuing to fast, my blood sugars would be ****ed.

Obviously there are ways to time the eating of food and what not but yeah I'm just looking at this through the prism of my personal daily routine and I know if I had to do that without adjustments I would be ****ed lol.
I been doing lightweight intermittent fasting 8pm to noon for years, can't remember the last time I had breakfast during the week. Tbf I start working early so my workouts are in the evening but either way it's really not a big deal at all.

Even some ten years or so ago when we would fast until after 9.30pm and I was still doing manual labour it wasn't difficult, your body just enters a stoic state where it doesn't get any harder to sustain your energy levels. If you consider those stories under extreme conditions of people surviving weeks without food or days in the desert with little water it makes sense

Latest posts

Top Bottom