• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Has anyone been to the San Siro? The largest football stadium in Italy, home to AC and Inter Milan. I find it fascinating that two big Clubs like that share a stadium. How do they make the stadium feel like it is there own? Does the stadium have two separate Club Stores? Is there Museums based on the Clubs History? If there is Statues of Players outside the Stadium, Paulo Maldini, Marco Van Basten, Paulo Di Canio, Roberto Carlos. 🟥⬛ 🏟️ 🟦⬛
Could be like Manchester United/City sharing a Stadium. 🟥⬜ 🏟️ 🟦⬜

Andrew Cole Linighan

I am a big collector of Official Matchday Programmes. Supporting Gloucester City, I have kept all the Away programmes from National League North and South. I keep some Home programmes. I have programmes from, Stockport County, Blyth Spartans, AFC Telford Utd etc. Also programmes from Dartford, Chelmsford City, Bath City etc from the South.
I have kept all Arsenal Home/Away programmes that I have been to.
I have just received Official Matchday Programmes from Arsenal games from 2020/21 season. I Ordered last Home Programme Vs Brighton. Also have 7 Away programmes from, Leeds United, Wolves, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Tottenham.
Been reading the Everton programme, inside is an Interview with Carlo Anceloti. It talks about his plans for Everton, and explains that he wants to stay beyond 2024. (Won't show this to my Everton supporting Brother in Law).zPXL_20210611_003826511.jpgPXL_20210611_004621042.jpgPXL_20210611_012711528.jpg
The Wolves programme is interesting. It is a Double programme, with it being a combined programme with West Bromwich Albion fixture.
The Leeds United programme has a feature 'Played for both Clubs'. It includes John Lukic, David Rocastle, Lee Chapman, Jermaine Pennant, Paul Dickov (can't remember him at Leeds), David O' Leary etc.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Been reading the 2020/21 Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal Official programmes that I have. The Chelsea programme has an interesting feature about Stamford Bridge through the years. Certainly looks different now, from the early 1990's when I saw it on TV. Did not know that it hosted Cricket matches in the early 1980's. When we won the league in 1991, I believe we lost one league game, at Stamford Bridge?
PXL_20210612_083651936.jpg
The Tottenham programme talks about the 1991 Fa Cup Semi Final at Wembley, (the first Semi Final to be played at Wembley). Gary Mabbutt gives his recollection of the match, saying Arsenal were the heavy favourites. I thought Tottenham would have been the favourites seeing that the year ended with a 1. Then two years later, we got revenge against Sp**s, at Wembley, in the Semi Final.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's given so much to Italian football over the years.

Florenzi is another one. Not sure where his career would've gone had Zeman not returned to Roma in 2012/13 and demanded his integration into the first team.

Italy's current system under Mancini isn't a million miles away from Zemans preferred system either.

I think when times passes Zemans legacy will be enhanced.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

E3odkbRXwAc39LC

@Riou annoys me that I'm slightly too young to really remember this tournament. But holy **** this might be the best team of the tournament I've ever seen.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
E3odkbRXwAc39LC

@Riou annoys me that I'm slightly too young to really remember this tournament. But holy **** this might be the best team of the tournament I've ever seen.

The 2000 edition has to be the best ever Euros, imo.

Still annoys me greatly, that I missed watching that and the 1998 World Cup live :confused:

Andrew Cole Linighan

The 2000 edition has to be the best ever Euros, imo.

Still annoys me greatly, that I missed watching that and the 1998 World Cup live :confused:
The 1998 World Cup was pretty good. England were managed by Glenn Hoddle. Michael Owen had just come on the scene, scoring a wonder goal Vs Argentina. David Beckham getting sent off in the same match. England giving us highs and lows. 🏟️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🥅⚽😆 🟥☹️

Andrew Cole Linighan

Speaking of Arsenal footballers children, see that Paul Mersons Son, Sam Merson has signed for Hanworth Villa FC. Sam joins his Brother Ben at the Club.
I've seen Sam play for St Albans City against my other Team, Gloucester City.
Sam's other Brother, Charlie, is Assistant Manager to Darren Byfield at Wasall Wood. Darren Byfield started off his playing career at Aston Villa.
Believe that Paul Merson was Player/Manager of Walsall for a time?

Andrew Cole Linighan

Thought I would share some pictures of Gloucester City AFC games that I have been to.
This is the Home FA Trophy Match that we had at New Meadow Park Vs Needham Market. This was played on a Tuesday night in November last year. We were allowed around 928 supporters. This was the first Home game back at Gloucester, in front of a crowd, after being in exile for 13 years. Gloucester won 4 - 2, Needham were managed by ex Swindon Town, Manchester City midfielder Kevin Horlock.

IMG_20201215_192040-PANO.jpg

This was from the previous season. Gloucester were away to Blyth Spartans on the Opening Day of the National League North season. A long journey on the Supporters Coach, but worth the journey as we won 2 - 1. Been to Croft Park twice, a nice ground with friendly supporters. Blyth Spartans at the time, were managed by former Newcastle United midfielder Lee Clark.

IMG_20190803_150309.jpg

Andrew Cole Linighan

Got the Manchester United 'United Review' Official Matchday Programme from last season.
An interesting read, it shows a Stat of new signing Edinson Cavani becoming the 13th Man Utd player to wear the Number 7 shirt in the Premier League era. He follows the likes of, Beckham, Cantona, Owen, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Robson, Kanchelskis etc.PXL_20210627_143349108.jpg
The Arsenal section is has varied information. It shows our last six results of games we have had at Old Trafford. Sequence of:- D,L,D,L,D,D sadly no W. I think we have quite a bad record at Old Trafford.
There's an interesting piece with former Arsenal striker Alan Smith, who gives his recollections of the Old Trafford brawl during the 1990/91 season. He mentions about the Bad Blood from this game, possibly being a result of a confrontation between Nigel Winterburn and Brian McClair in an FA Cup tie at Highbury a few seasons earlier in 1988.
PXL_20210627_143607379.MP.jpgPXL_20210627_143607379.MP.jpgPXL_20210627_143607379.MP.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom