• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
On Boxing Day, I went to watch Gloucester City AFC Vs Leamington, at New Meadow Park. This was a National League North fixture, but there not much that you could say about it.
PXL_20211226_160546250.jpg
It finished as a 0 - 0 draw, and quite an uneventful 0 - 0 draw. At times Gloucester seemed to be there own worst enemy. They would have the ball in defence, and lose possession via a short delivered ball. At the other end, we would be missing the final ball as we went towards the opposition goal.
PXL_20211226_161408206.jpg
Well we got a point and a clean sheet. The crowd was just over 1300.

TornadoTed

Established Member
On Boxing Day, I went to watch Gloucester City AFC Vs Leamington, at New Meadow Park. This was a National League North fixture, but there not much that you could say about it.
View attachment 5355
It finished as a 0 - 0 draw, and quite an uneventful 0 - 0 draw. At times Gloucester seemed to be there own worst enemy. They would have the ball in defence, and lose possession via a short delivered ball. At the other end, we would be missing the final ball as we went towards the opposition goal.
View attachment 5356
Well we got a point and a clean sheet. The crowd was just over 1300.
I go and watch Hereford occasionally, the standard of football is pretty bad down there but it's a good day out.

Andrew Cole Linighan

I go and watch Hereford occasionally, the standard of football is pretty bad down there but it's a good day out.
We were due to play Hereford FC on 28th Dec. Game Called Off, Hereford have Covid within there Club. They were due to play Kidderminster Harriers Boxing Day and New Year, these games also Called Off. These games would have attracted good attendances.
Hereford having been towards the bottom of the league at the start of the season, have shot up the league. Manager Josh Gowling turning things round.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We were due to play Hereford FC on 28th Dec. Game Called Off, Hereford have Covid within there Club. They were due to play Kidderminster Harriers Boxing Day and New Year, these games also Called Off. These games would have attracted good attendances.
Hereford having been towards the bottom of the league at the start of the season, have shot up the league. Manager Josh Gowling turning things round.
It is a big blow for small clubs who rely on the bigger attendances over the Christmas period. I am amazed actually that we haven't seen a lot of small clubs going under with the disruption of Covid, a lot struggle financially in good times.

Yes it was looking really bad for us the first couple of months of the season but they have really turned it around and we look pretty comfortable in mid table now.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Just like the referendum itself. The meaning of "brexit" when used as an adjective is unclear. :lol:

Andrew Cole Linighan

My other Team, Gloucester City AFC, make the long journey North this weekend, to play Blyth Spartans in the National League North. I have been to Croft Park twice, a nice ground with friendly supporters.
Gloucester have played Blyth in league matches for around five seasons. We have won all the matches that we have played at Croft Park.
IMG_20190803_150309.jpg
This picture was taken on my second visit to Croft Park. It was the Opening Day of the 2019/20 season. We won this game 2 - 1. At the time Lee Clark, (ex Newcastle United, Fulham midfielder) was Blyth's manager.
IMG_20190803_155318.jpg
See that Newcastle United are at home to Watford tomorrow, 3:00pm Kick off. Blyth is about 15 miles north of Newcastle.
I won't be going to this match tomorrow. Tomorrow, I am going to watch Cheltenham Town play at home to Charlton Athletic in a League One fixture. Got a Ticket from my Sister, who works for a Company that Sponsors Cheltenham.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Saturday 15th January 2022.
League One.
Cheltenham Town 1 - 1 Charlton Athletic

I thought that Cheltenham Town had done enough to Win this game. But Charlton came up with an equaliser in the 4 minutes of injury time, at the end of the game. On the bench for Charlton was Ben Watson, (ex Wigan Athletic) think he scored the Winning goal in the FA Cup Final Vs Manchester City? Also on there bench was Chuks Aneke, (sorry if that is spelt wrong) the ex Arsenal player came off the bench to score Charlton's late equaliser.
Charlton had a large away following, made quite a noise.
PXL_20220115_233201567.jpg
The Cheltenham supporters were disappointed at the end. If they were offered a draw at the start of the match, they might have taken that. Think Cheltenham are currently around mid table in League One. Around seven points off the relagation zone. Doing well so far.
Gloucester City lost 2 - 0 away at Blyth Spartans.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...best DVD ever, love the song they used.

Top Bottom