• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rank the eras for Attacking midfielders?

Shalmaneser V

2010s

A. Iniesta
P. Pogba
L. Modric
K. De Bruyne
D. Silva
A. Arshavin
M. Özil
C. Eriksen
P. Coutinho
C. Fabregas

2000s

Ronaldinho
F. Lampard
S. Gerrard
P. Aimar
J. Riquelme
Kaka
P. Scholes
F. Totti
W. Sneijder
Z. Zidane
Deco
Juninho Pernambucano
T. Rosicky
JC. Valeron

90s

S. Effenburg
G. Mendieta
Rivaldo
Rui Costa
G. Kinkladze
Juninho Paulista
M. Scholl
P. Gascoigne
Y. Djorkaeff
A. Ortega
G. Hagi
R. Prosinecki
D. Savicevic

80s

D. Maradona
M. Platini
E. Francescoli
Zico
R. Bochini
Socrates
M. Laudrup
Z. Boniek
G. Hoddle
P. Littbarski
J. Cuelemans

blaze_of_glory

Cesc should be in the 2000's. His best years were 2006-2010.

It's weird, but the best era for all sort of players seems to align perfectly with the years where I was most impressionable as a youth.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ummm I don't see Bergkamp in the list

I would have had Pires in there too, but I suppose it depends on how you define the role...attacking midfielder/second striker/playmaking winger.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I would have had Pires in there too, but I suppose it depends on how you define the role...attacking midfielder/second striker/playmaking winger.

Yeah Rooney for some time too. He may have scored 208 goals but people forget about the 103 assists he made. He was playing behind Nistelrooy, Chicharito and Van Persie for periods of his career and was playing deeper and deeper as years went on. Not sure whether Cantona fits here too.

Shalmaneser V

Yeah Rooney for some time too. He may have scored 208 goals but people forget about the 103 assists he made. He was playing behind Nistelrooy, Chicharito and Van Persie for periods of his career and was playing deeper and deeper as years went on. Not sure whether Cantona fits here too.

Both predominantly centre-forwards/second strikers.

Riou

Great talent in all the eras here really.

Left winger.

Some of the listed players played wide though...and I think an attacking midfielder/second striker are basically the same thing, Bergkamp took up the same spaces on the field as Özil, both played differently though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Attacking midfielder seems to be a very vague term tbh. Obviously my bias is for the 00's but looking at the 80's, although it's well before my time Platini, Mardona, Zico, Socrates, Laudrup these are absolutely world class options. Legends of the game.

Shalmaneser V

Great talent in all the eras here really.

Some of the listed players played wide though...and I think an attacking midfielder/second striker are basically the same thing, Bergkamp took up the same spaces on the field as Özil, both played differently though.

I see players like Bergkamp. Baggio, Cantona and Del Piero as predominately forwards who liked to drop just off their partner. They were more than play-makers. Granted the positions are similar but the differences are that second strikers play a little higher up and have more of a goalscoring responsibility.

Riou

I see players like Bergkamp. Baggio, Cantona and Del Piero as predominately forwards who liked to drop just off their partner. They were more than play-makers. Granted the positions are similar but the differences are that second strikers play a little higher up and have more of a goalscoring responsibility.

You should have just done a best goalkeepers thread instead...least we all have the same definition for that :lol:

Shalmaneser V

You should have just done a best goalkeepers thread instead...least we all have the same definition for that :lol:

I’ll probably get stick for that too. :lol:

“Well what type of goalkeeper do you mean?”

“Defensive keeper”?

“Sweeper keeper”?

“Possession keeper”?

:facepalm:

GDeep™

League is very weak
What’s Rosicky doing on these lists? The guy done NOTHING is his career. Made little or no impact at all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You would classify Eriksen and Modric as AM’s? What’s Kinkladze doing there? Winger mainly. Also a bum.

Riou

What’s Rosicky doing on these lists? The guy done NOTHING is his career. Made little or no impact at all.

Think Sparta and Dortmund fans would respectfully disagree.

Probably not enough to be up against most of the others on the list, but there is no need to be a **** to him, imo.

Shalmaneser V

Another one.

“Well what about those outfield players who filled in in goal after the regular keeper got sent off. Why have you left them out huh?”

Latest posts+

Top Bottom