• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Oh well if he doesn't want to join us & would prefer Chelsea over us lets get someone else, I'm sure we can find someone else who is passionate to join us.

SK___

Honestly at this stage if the **** is so obsessed with joining Barca then forget it and move on.
I’m still fuming but true say, I don’t want players here who don’t want to be here… I sincerely hope chelsea become liquidated in the not so distant future, I don’t like competition when we won’t even attempt compete

LeadFarmer

Chelsea buys Lukaku who don’t want to be there. Turns into crap show and they get rid of him.
Following year, Chelsea buys Raphinha who don’t want to be there. Hoping for a different result.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think Deco put that silly idea on Raphinha to go exclusively to Barcelona. They can't pay it, just accept it, be professional and go to Chelsea for your career. Players listen too much to their ****ty agents.

Player power. He can pretty much force his way to Barca, which is what he seems to be doing.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Player power. He can pretty much force his way to Barca, which is what he seems to be doing.
Worth the gamble to keep him. Only have to look at how the season turned out eventually for Sp**s and Kane. Leeds losing Raphina could be the difference between EPL and relegation. 100% right they hold out and get their money. Raphina will eventually knuckle down if he wants to goto the world cup or worst risk becoming irrelevant.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah so they’ll end up paying back about double that over the deal.

They really are desperate.

Laporta seems to think they’ll be increasing revenue streams in the years to come.

Problem they’re going to have is this TV deal stuff with CVC and SixthStreet is going to bounce around the courts now.

This all looks like the precursor to another move to the Super League.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Worth the gamble to keep him. Only have to look at how the season turned out eventually for Sp**s and Kane. Leeds losing Raphina could be the difference between EPL and relegation. 100% right they hold out and get their money. Raphina will eventually knuckle down if he wants to goto the world cup or worst risk becoming irrelevant.

I think this strategy is dead in the modern game for two reasons.

Mainly, the reason Leeds got him in the first place was through good relationships with super agents.

You piss them off and then the tap is turned off for all their other clients.

Then the other reason is simply that if you do sit him for a year then you’ve still got to sell him next year and his value might be even lower than this season’s.

Also 35M is better than sitting Raphinha if you’re a relegation side.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Barca keep taking these short term financial get out of jail cards. At some point they're going to have to be serious and deal with the matter though.

Rather they get Raphinha than Chelsea. Hopefully it pushes them a few million closer to financial oblivion down the line.

Honestly I can't stand them. All this 'More than a club' rubbish. They're ran by crooks and shysters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom