• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Raphinha is definitely the right profile of player, like Jesus and Tielemans, right age and PL experience. I’ve only ever seen him play RW though, ideally I’d want a right-footed forward to bang goals from LW.

SMS is a myth at this point, not even sure the guy actually exists.
If we sign Raphinha, it means Saka moves back to LW. No other way of doing it, Raphinha can only play RW.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Jesus and Tielemans are our two priorities then that's a very good thing imo. Both players have the right experience & age profiles that we need and are proven quality within the league. With the contract situations they are no brainer signings.

Actually, most of the other links have been pretty decent - Zinchenko, Gnabry, Scammaca, Raphinha - they are all in the 'Wish List' quality bracket, or near to it. Even Hickey, although the recent Scotland performance was bad looks pretty good for a back up on both flanks.

Whatever business we do this summer, we'll most likely be competing for 6th to 3rd place (and the cups). The two positions that worry me the most by far are DM & Striker. I can convince myself that Nketiah has another level but even so we'd be at a massive disadvantage to the other big clubs. Elneny is neat and tidy but not nearly good enough if Partey is out for any length of time. Lokonga needs to progress this year but it's surely unrealistic to expect him to develop that defensive instinct with hardly any game time.

If Scammaca is available for £35m Euros that's decent business in this market; for a mobile DM... take a gamble on Bissouma? I think that's unlikely because of the risk to the clubs reputation. Phillips? Possibly going to City... Zinchenko? His defensive numbers aren't great but possibly he could do a job. Neves? Very similar to Xhaka, also expensive...

Sorry, long post.

Spot on. The two big priorities we gave are CF and CM, and I can't really think of anyone realistically better than Jesus and Tielemans for those roles. With CL, we maybe could have pushed the boat out for Tammy/Osihmen, but that's not going to happen now. Jesus is a very good player that will require little to no adaptation.

All things considered, I can't think of anyone better than Tielemans either. We need a guy that can play number 8, and act as a bit of a link between Partey and Ødegaard, who better than Tielemans at that price an experience?

I then think we have to address LB because you can't trust Tierney, and then a LW is a bonus for me.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Spot on. The two big priorities we gave are CF and CM, and I can't really think of anyone realistically better than Jesus and Tielemans for those roles. With CL, we maybe could have pushed the boat out for Tammy/Osihmen, but that's not going to happen now. Jesus is a very good player that will require little to no adaptation.

All things considered, I can't think of anyone better than Tielemans either. We need a guy that can play number 8, and act as a bit of a link between Partey and Ødegaard, who better than Tielemans at that price an experience?

I then think we have to address LB because you can't trust Tierney, and then a LW is a bonus for me.

We also need a RB. And a better backup CF than Eddie. And a new winger if Pepe leaves. 4-5 signings. We need a proper replacement for Leno aswell tbf.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Before trying buy winger try find club for pepe. Even if it's loan with option/obligation i don't think we can sell teams won't be able to afford his wages.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Barca out from race for Raphinha would give us huge advantage if we really want him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The guy who reported about barca out of race is very reliable so we'll see. There still nothing from Leeds reporters.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

This Raphinha story may be driven by his agent to put pressure on Barca. No top sources has reported that we want him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Raphinha like Saka is left-footed playing mainly at right wing. We need someone to play at left. I don't understand why we are instead in him to be honest.

Exactly what I was thinking, but Arteta and Edu are unorthodox in the transfer window. In 20/21 we couldn't score but were decent defensively and they decided to spend over 100m on keepers and defenders.

Theyre on record for saying they want two players for every position, and we've been linked to both Raphina/Bowen recently. I'd think they be Pepe replacements.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Raphinha like Saka is left-footed playing mainly at right wing. We need someone to play at left. I don't understand why we are instead in him to be honest.
Maybe Saka will leave.the club or maybe Saka is back to left because he can't cut and shoot properly. He is not like Robben... So I don't see the problem if he is back to left and Raphinha plays on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom