• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners1616

Raphina seems to be twerking really hard for Barcelona at this point...

Without counting Auba or Depay, they still have Dembélé and Ferran Torres who both cost them a fortune and also Ansu Fati. Not so sure Rapinha starts there.

And Barça are also looking at Lewandowski, Bernardo and Di Maria too.

Anyway i really hope we get Tielemans in the bag quickly before spending months on these complicated deals with equations to solve.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully there was some real intent behind Edu's words and he wasn't just waffling.
Even before he said that, it feels different. We are targeting serious players and with intent. Also it looks like we aren’t dilly dallying around and put in the groundwork early eg with Jesus. Also looks like we were first to show our hand with Raphinha and Martinez.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Mane to Bayern, Gnabry in his last year... Any chance that Raphinha is a smoke screen and we'll swoop for the German instead?! Feels like an obvious deal in some ways.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Even before he said that, it feels different. We are targeting serious players and with intent. Also it looks like we aren’t dilly dallying around and put in the groundwork early eg with Jesus. Also looks like we were first to show our hand with Raphinha and Martinez.

Only worry I have is: what happens when we're priced out of a deal? Feels that way with Lisandro.

For 30m you bring him as a squad player, but for the money Ajax is quoting now?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mane to Bayern, Gnabry in his last year... Any chance that Raphinha is a smoke screen and we'll swoop for the German instead?! Feels like an obvious deal in some ways.

Honestly as much as I think Raphinha would thrive here, Gnabry for 35 million or even a little more does make more sense considering he can play as a striker. His wages might bridge that gap between their overall costs but if its a significant one then I'd agree Gnabry or another winger/striker would be a more sensible purchase. He'd also count as a homegrown player.

If Jesus hypothetically flops as a striker, he could still be a good option as a right winger. Getting Raphinha would make that a lot more difficult whereas someone who actually wants to play as a striker would cover our bases more without hindering Martinelli/ESR's gametime as much as Raphinha could.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's worth noting that even if we get Raphinha and Jesus - we would have invested 100 million and still ended up with Nketiah as the only player who actually wants to play as a striker. Jesus is such a confidence player and if reports of him wanting to play on the right after flopping centrally at the world cup are true then its only inevitable he'd gravitate towards the same position if things don't work out up front for him here. It makes more sense to have a back up plan other than Nketiah for that possibility.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Are Deco and Barca living in the Middle Ages?

When I want to speak to my Uncle about something important I don't have to travel to Canada. I ring him or use Skype.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal most advanced club to sign him. And likely trying to get the deal done as soon as possible

Totspur interested but they done nothing. No bids. And they targeting Richarlison.

Barca are broke and begging him to wait or they ended thier interest.

Chelsea are not interested.

Here this the info i gathered from this saga There still no new updates since Monday. So i hope Hagn or Fabrizio stop repeating the same stuff.

TinFish

Vieira was not serious. He is a backup. A backup for Porto even. We want first team XI signings that are better than what we already have.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
For people who think this is another Vlahovic This is simply not true first of all we never bid for Vlahovic our interest was over with him since beginning of January because his agent and player wanted juve. But of course Italian media kept repeating the same stuff daily about how much we want him and we made 70m bids and the reporters close to us like orny didn't reports nothing about bids or player himself want to join.

Unlike this one with Raphinha we been reliably informed by best journalist with Arsenal that we made bid and determined to get deal done.

Of course things changes barca maybe magically have money again and they buy him but until this moment we are the favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom