• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_rasul

As good as Raphinha is and as enjoyable as he has been to watch at Leeds, he always struck me as someone who could easily go up a level if he was playing with more creative players at his level. He had to try and force matters a little too much at Leeds, especially this last season, leading to him looking a frustrated figure at times. Did not stop trying though, to be fair to him.

We could be eating good basically, if we get this one over the line!

StefanB

As good as Raphinha is and as enjoyable as he has been to watch at Leeds, he always struck me as someone who could easily go up a level if he was playing with more creative players at his level. He had to try and force matters a little too much at Leeds, especially this last season, leading to him looking a frustrated figure at times. Did not stop trying though, to be fair to him.

We could be eating good basically, if we get this one over the line!

Feels like a Mane/Van Dijk/Mahrez/Kante type signing. Same with Tielemans imo.

Think if we land these guys they will slot in seemlessly and go from strengths to strengths.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Allows us to play Saka at left back if we don't get anyone in.

Hopefully Martinez or someone else is over the line by the window's end, but at least we wouldn't need to play Xhaka there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We seem to forget Jorge Mendes in our side with this mean the deal is basically done the guy is dodgy and he'll likely going to earn 5M from the 50M or more we'll pay to Leeds and don't be surprised if he help Leeds to get one of his clients.

Having super agent in your side is great but i hope not making it a habit.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Allows us to play Saka at left back if we don't get anyone in.

Hopefully Martinez or someone else is over the line by the window's end, but at least we wouldn't need to play Xhaka there.

Would be curious to see if Saka gets some minutes in midfield as well with this move, he's definitely more than capable.

El Duderino

We seem to forget Jorge Mendes in our side with this mean the deal is basically done the guy is dodgy and he'll likely going to earn 5M from the 50M or more we'll pay to Leeds and don't be surprised if he help Leeds to get one of his clients.

Having super agent in your side is great but i hope not making it a habit.

If Barcelona get the money in somehow he still goes to Barça, Mendez or not.

Good that we're pushing hard for this.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If Barcelona get the money in somehow he still goes to Barça, Mendez or not.

Good that we're pushing hard for this.
If barca got the money i don't think we'd be even bothered thankfully Leeds survived because it played big part of the fee.

El Duderino

Would be curious to see if Saka gets some minutes in midfield as well with this move, he's definitely more than capable.

Yeah, he can basically play anywhere bar CB. Think RW has been his best position, but mostly because he's been played there for the longest time.

You put him left wing for a good amount of matches and I think we'll get similar results. Of course LB is a last case scenario, but seeing how our fullbacks all tuck in, I don't see it as taking him out of the game as much as it would seem.

Either way, I don't care as long as we bring in Raphinha. The whole level of the squad moves up a gear by doing so and we'll figure out what to do with LB afterwards.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Both saka and Raphinha comfertable with both thier feets yes both best position seem RW but they can play LW without problems. Also that ease pressure on Saka and Martinelli we put too much pressure on them with Raphinha and Vieira it'll make them play with more freedom.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Did those Sp**s fans on their forum really say Kulusevski is better than Raphinha?

Wbl0.gif

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we do get this through and that's still a big maybe for me since Leeds are going to ask for an arm and leg and clubs in the CL might come in for him.
Where do u see him lining up, will he start for us on the right or the left. Maybe because all of our frontline is so versatile it doesn't really matter where they start.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If we do get this through and that's still a big maybe for me since Leeds are going to ask for an arm and leg and clubs in the CL might come in for him.
Where do u see him lining up, will he start for us on the right or the left. Maybe because all of our frontline is so versatile it doesn't really matter where they start.
He'll start RW and Saka LW depend they may switch during the game seeing both are tow footed

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Not sure we’ll see it but I like the thought of this.

Martinelli………Jesus………Raphinha

……..Saka….…………….Tielemans

………………..Partey……….…………

Brazilian front three with insane pressing and technical ability, all capable of interchanging positions.
An exciting midfield and you would still have Silva, Smith-Rowe, Ødegaard and Xhaka as options, plus obviously Saka can play in the front three.
Even then the PE teacher will find a way to ruin it, 631 with Raphinha and Martinelli wingbacks.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He'll start RW and Saka LW depend they may switch during the game seeing both are tow footed
I feel like Saka is pretty one footed especially when it comes to shooting from his right foot.
From my limited viewing of Raphinha, he has a pretty decent right foot but ye I do see Raphinha on the right and Saka on the left.
Saka has pretty much played there for most of his career and he was pretty effective as a creative outlet.

@Kobi How are u benching Ødegaard for Tielemans man

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, he can basically play anywhere bar CB. Think RW has been his best position, but mostly because he's been played there for the longest time.

You put him left wing for a good amount of matches and I think we'll get similar results. Of course LB is a last case scenario, but seeing how our fullbacks all tuck in, I don't see it as taking him out of the game as much as it would seem.

Either way, I don't care as long as we bring in Raphinha. The whole level of the squad moves up a gear by doing so and we'll figure out what to do with LB afterwards.

I think it's Saka's crossing from left that I like the most which has a lot of variety from that side.

I just want to see more switching positions during games, whoever plays and we have players capable of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom