• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is utter nonsense. Have a look at the numbers of players who went from Spain to England during the period you're talking about. Many enjoyed greater success statistically in England. Totally invalid argument for taking merit away from Messi's achievements.

That said, yes, Ronaldo was the first we've seen in the modern era to put up Messi / Cristiano level numbers, and he did it 10 years earlier in a lower goal scoring environment in world football and in that league, in what was the best league in the world at the time (he also did it here in Spain, of course, in what was a weaker Spanish league compared to the rest of the world than the one Messi did it in).

In short, this sums it up ^ .

Re: Henry vs. R9...

R9 npG+A, Barcelona: 1.1 (/90)
Serie A pre-injury: 0.66

Henry at Arsenal:

You'd have to adjust for the goal scoring environment difference between England during those years Henry achieved those numbers and Ronaldo at Italy, but I would tend to agree that there isn't as much in it between Henry and Ronaldo as people are making out, I think it's the fact that we'd really never seen anything like Ronaldo when he first came up that makes us think he was that much better than Henry, when I think the more realistic argument is that they are actually pretty close, even if I'd still say Ronaldo pre-injury edges it (being the best player I've seen in my time watching football--post 95 more or or less--not named Messi).
The fact you are using statistics to compare them shows that you do not understand the debate. It literally has to be an eye test.

No player has displayed the physicality, skill, speed, dribbling ability and two footedness of R9. Genuinely, the next closest player is Ronaldinho.

Is there a statistic for Ronaldinho assisting with his back for Guily to go 1v1 vs the keeper? No it just counts towards an XA stat. What about when he catches the ball on his chest and runs between two players. Or how about what he is constantly flicking the ball over defenders heads, doing kick ups like it's a joke. Statistics do not quantify Ronaldinho just as much as they do not for R9. The guy did stopovers to get around keepers. Flip flaps on the touchline to evade defenders. He was absolutely incredible. Henry was a fantastic player, but not on R9s level.

Badger_Revenge

Was just waiting to use that joke. Seemed the right time.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Fear Utd could screw this move. De Jong seems to be getting close and closer, what Barca will do with that money remains to be seen.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Reading the tweet before seeing the account.

southampton-fc.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fear Utd could screw this move. De Jong seems to be getting close and closer, what Barca will do with that money remains to be seen.
Raphinha deal will be done before that. The fact the player and agent keen to move here mean likely barca out of race

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why people gave the original tweet a 🤣 reaction, other than Gary Cahill I can’t remember this guy getting too much wrong.

To be fair I take this kind of account much more seriously than the usual ITK accounts. Seldom tweets and doesn't seem to do it for clout.

Reactions: A_G

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Henry at 34 and Benzema at 34

I'd rather have Henry's career (including both the World Cup, European Championship) whilst also maintaining a reputation as a decent man who is not known to mingle with the types that inhabit society's rectum.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think FDJ has refused to move and Dembele is staying. Means that there's no money to buy Raphina or place for him. All guesswork of course.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not sure why people gave the original tweet a 🤣 reaction, other than Gary Cahill I can’t remember this guy getting too much wrong.

CIES affictionado Starlarbastfastisaft did a whole number exposing Magar, no?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Lol, so basically the same as the last two weeks

He always tries to make it seem like 3 or 4 clubs are trying to sign a player and that there's a "race", but another way of interpreting his tweet is "one club negotiating with Leeds over a transfer of the player, three other clubs not really doing anything". Clubs talk to agents of lots of players they will never actually sign.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Bayern wont even take instalments of 50 million from them for Lewandowski, nobody trusts them to pay unless its up front. Theyre making the same mistakes again, they only wanted Raphinha because they thought Leeds would drop and they could get him for 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom