• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Man I dunno.

Remember all the media hype and how it seemed like Harry Kane couldn’t stop scoring when he got that 39 PL goals in a calendar year record?

Then you realise that Messi got 91 goals in a calendar year and 50 goals in a La Liga season and that just puts things into perspective.

In 11-12 Messi scored 73 goals and had 29 assists for a 102 goal involvement season. I think he set the single seasons assists and goals record in the same year. That wasn’t even his best season in terms of goals per game….insane :lol:

I’m not sure anyone can make a case for any individual season being better than that, especially if you’re talking about performances level.
It's weird how much effort goes into denying what is relatively obvious: Messi is the best player at club level most of us have witnessed during our lifetimes.

I try to figure out what makes people like to argue against this so much. I guess it is a mix of contrarianism typical / inherent to internet forums and opining in general (no one wants to express the 'default' opinion, it's boring), a lot of people hating Barça, and I think perhaps above all nostalgia (Messi still hasn't gotten to the point where enough time has passed and we see him with that glaze of nostalgia, Ronaldo has). With nostalgia I think it's also relevant that I think a lot of people are in the same age cohort here where we witnessed Ronaldo as a boy, and he was like Michael Jordan for basketball, he was simply by far the best thing we had seen and we saw him right in the moment where we were most impressionable and most likely to be nostalgic about it later.

Then finally you have the world cup thing, which I'm sorry, is just the worst one of them all, and the one that most makes me disrespect the mental gymnastics involved.... Let's make our judgments of an all-time great on incredibly small sample sizes playing with a wholly dysfunctional team at a level (international) that is some way below that of club. 🤡

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

FWMp4R5WYAU7wvi

Sign up Raphinha just for this. I’m sure @OnlyOne was shivering when he saw his Benny about to be a light snack in the favelas.

He didn’t want that schmokeeeeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom