• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Let's see if Leeds reporters confirm we want him.

Having Brazilian players in squad plus if G.Jesus join i can see Raphinha joining us even if there are better teams want him.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Still waiting for Leeds reporter or at least orny to confirm this rumor
I pray Jesus isn't a smokescreen after all and Scamacca is the only striker we sign... Worst case scenario. Scamacca isn't a massive upgrade on Nketiah neither is Raphinha over Martinelli

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Pretty sure he linked us to Tielemans before anyone.

He also was the first to say that we had activated Parteys clause if i remember correctly. But i find the suggestion that he is a top source laughable. Arsenal fans have Ornstein as our only top source imo.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Raphinha is definitely the right profile of player, like Jesus and Tielemans, right age and PL experience. I’ve only ever seen him play RW though, ideally I’d want a right-footed forward to bang goals from LW.

SMS is a myth at this point, not even sure the guy actually exists.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If Jesus and Tielemans are our two priorities then that's a very good thing imo. Both players have the right experience & age profiles that we need and are proven quality within the league. With the contract situations they are no brainer signings.

Actually, most of the other links have been pretty decent - Zinchenko, Gnabry, Scammaca, Raphinha - they are all in the 'Wish List' quality bracket, or near to it. Even Hickey, although the recent Scotland performance was bad looks pretty good for a back up on both flanks.

Whatever business we do this summer, we'll most likely be competing for 6th to 3rd place (and the cups). The two positions that worry me the most by far are DM & Striker. I can convince myself that Nketiah has another level but even so we'd be at a massive disadvantage to the other big clubs. Elneny is neat and tidy but not nearly good enough if Partey is out for any length of time. Lokonga needs to progress this year but it's surely unrealistic to expect him to develop that defensive instinct with hardly any game time.

If Scammaca is available for £35m Euros that's decent business in this market; for a mobile DM... take a gamble on Bissouma? I think that's unlikely because of the risk to the clubs reputation. Phillips? Possibly going to City... Zinchenko? His defensive numbers aren't great but possibly he could do a job. Neves? Very similar to Xhaka, also expensive...

Sorry, long post.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If Jesus and Tielemans are our two priorities then that's a very good thing imo. Both players have the right experience & age profiles that we need and are proven quality within the league. With the contract situations they are no brainer signings.

Actually, most of the other links have been pretty decent - Zinchenko, Gnabry, Scammaca, Raphinha - they are all in the 'Wish List' quality bracket, or near to it. Even Hickey, although the recent Scotland performance was bad looks pretty good for a back up on both flanks.

Whatever business we do this summer, we'll most likely be competing for 6th to 3rd place (and the cups). The two positions that worry me the most by far are DM & Striker. I can convince myself that Nketiah has another level but even so we'd be at a massive disadvantage to the other big clubs. Elneny is neat and tidy but not nearly good enough if Partey is out for any length of time. Lokonga needs to progress this year but it's surely unrealistic to expect him to develop that defensive instinct with hardly any game time.

If Scammaca is available for £35m Euros that's decent business in this market; for a mobile DM... take a gamble on Bissouma? I think that's unlikely because of the risk to the clubs reputation. Phillips? Possibly going to City... Zinchenko? His defensive numbers aren't great but possibly he could do a job. Neves? Very similar to Xhaka, also expensive...

Sorry, long post.

Don’t ever apologise Barry, especially on AM. I haven’t apologised to anyone in about 7/8 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom