• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Can someone let me know how these negotiations go in ral life? I don't understand how negotiations can go on for months. Is it that, for e.g:
Arsenal calls/emails Leeds 'hey we want Raphinha. How much?:
Leeds: '£60M or nothing'
Arsenal: We'll be back
A month later (meanwhile, ITKs: 'Arsenal in talks to sign Raphinha'
Arsenal: We want Raphinha for £45M
Leeds: £60M or nothing
Arsenal: We'll be back
One month later
Arsenal: Hey Leeds...here is £45M for Raphinha
Leeds: Shove it...£60M or nothing
One month later (ITKs: Arsenal tender bid for Raphinha. Talks in progress)
Barcelona: Hi Leeds, Can we have Raphinha and we'll give you Traore?
Leeds: Get out!
Leeds: Hey Arsenal Make £50M and we'll take it
ITKs: Arsenal in Advanced talks to sign Raphinha. Leeds open to bid. Barcelona also interested. No concrete offer from Barcelona yet.

.... saga continues

Someone with insight please let me know cos I don't understand how these things take time

Watch the below, it explains how negotiations work:

You’re welcome.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
1-A40-B3-F3-6-DB3-4285-97-FC-123-F60-B46665.jpg

My ****ing manager.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He won't be going for 65M. It'll be 50M max today Phillips deal confirmed that to me Leeds wanted 50m they let him go for 42M. Raphinha have 2 years left so Leeds either will get 50M now or 25M next summer he not signing any new contract too.

I feel like a more unpredictable domino effect in the market can also influence his price. If United really splash out on De Jong at the prices quoted for example, that gives Barca enough to bid 50M for Raphinha and still have a hefty chunk of that to invest. It just becomes a question of whether Raphinha/Leeds are prepared to pass on more money to cater to his ambitions of playing for Barca, and also just how badly Xavi is willing to invest his budget on him. It wouldn't be the most shocking twist of events to me if he still ends up there, especially given how this has all built up.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I feel like a more unpredictable domino effect in the market can also influence his price. If United really splash out on De Jong at the prices quoted for example, that gives Barca enough to bid 50M for Raphinha and still have a hefty chunk of that to invest. It just becomes a question of whether Raphinha/Leeds are prepared to pass on more money to cater to his ambitions of playing for Barca, and also just how badly Xavi is willing to invest his budget on him. It wouldn't be the most shocking twist of events to me if he still ends up there, especially given how this has all built up.
Could be why we've upped our game. Get the deal done before more domino's fall.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It hasn’t actually been discussed much but is it just me who thinks Barca are continuing to just waste money away??

They want to spend like £90m on a 34 year old (on massive wages) who can’t play with Aubameyang and Raphinha who is very good but also comes at a very premium price.

For a team in financial turmoil, they do like to really spend every last penny. Don’t they have issues in defence?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It hasn’t actually been discussed much but is it just me who thinks Barca are continuing to just waste money away??

They want to spend like £90m on a 34 year old (on massive wages) who can’t play with Aubameyang and Raphinha who is very good but also comes at a very premium price.

For a team in financial turmoil, they do like to really spend every last penny. Don’t they have issues in defence?
They have issues in defense apart from Araujo the rast are poor they don't have Alaba replacement yet they don't have Sergio Besquest replacement.

To be fair to them deals with Alonso Christiansen and Kiesse all on hold because they can't register them.

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Seems a good player and all, I just question why we're splurging on someone who plays in the same position as one of our best players. Would prefer to get someone who is already inclined for the left side to begin with, lest we end up with two great RWs and okay left ones. Hope there is a good plan here.

Wryer

Jesus and Vieira are great and ultimately necessary signings to plug obvious holes.

Raphinha is however a signal of intent. A marquee signing to underscore that. It also just puts everyone on higher expectations. Can’t wait.

Tad worried by the Kalvin Philips deal though. If anything it puts Leeds in a stronger bargaining position, along with Barca still on the periphery.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Although we need depth/ backup still don't understand why we are making our largest transfer spend in the position of our best player; it's not like a tielemans deal where we can get the player for around 30 mill

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Really hyped by our summer business and I deperately want Raphinha.

Nonetheless, with our intend and the seemingly little competition for Gnabry, I cannot help it feeling sad that he's probably going somewhere else for a lot less.

We might need Jesus more, I know, but Gnabry and Raphinha would be more beautiful.

I mean, come on, around 35-40m for Gnabry ? The guy is currently better than Jesus, Raphinha, Jesus, Sterling and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom