• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Leeds spent 50M this window if the de keletaere deal go through it likely 80M total spent seem they knew they’ll get around 100M from Raphinha and Phillips.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still bash myself into frenzy if we get this done, but I’d feel empty and confused straight after 🤷🏽‍♂️

Many such cases

Anyway this would be an immense window if this goes through. Then maybe go for Martinez after. But that's just a bonus really

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

When Raphinha and Martinelli play on wings going to be long day for the opponent defense. No wonder mikel big fan he put workrate and movement above everything else when it comes to players.
I’ve always thought Raphinha was on PEDs tbh. Presses like crazy for Leeds and rarely if ever gets injured.

That twitter account is dealing some hard truths that A-M aren’t ready for thiugh.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Saka is kind of like Mount imo. Can do a good job in the final third but I think his best position is the central winger role or anywhere where he isn’t relied on to be a primary goal threat.

Hopefully Raphinha means we get to see a little bit of midfield Saka although the best team on paper benches ESR and Martinelli and just moves Saka to the LW.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

With these Raphina rumours, I hope I'm just overthinking but anyone else think this means Saka might be on his way out of the club considering they are generally in the same position on the field? Saka is off contract soon & I haven't heard any rumours he's set to re-sign with us unfortunately. Maybe it just means saka will move to the left though or Raphina moves to the left & saka stays right.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Saka is kind of like Mount. Can do a good job in the final third but I think his best position is the central winger role or anywhere where he isn’t relied on to be a primary goal threat.

Hopefully Raphinha means we get to see a little bit of midfield Saka although the best team on paper benches ESR and Martinelli and just moves Saka to the LW.
I remember listening to the Arsenalvision Podcast and Clive saying he believes Saka’s best possible position is at 10. One of my favourite Saka performances was away at Sheffield where Saka really balled out. Maybe we see Saka in midfield more often. The LW doesn’t make as much sense to me. As far as I can remember the LW is the primary goal threat in Arteta’s various systems. I’m not sure that role would suit Saka imo.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I remember listening to the Arsenalvision Podcast and Clive saying he believes Saka’s best possible position is at 10. One of my favourite Saka performances was away at Sheffield where Saka really balled out. Maybe we see Saka in midfield more often. The LW doesn’t make as much sense to me. As far as I can remember the LW is the primary goal threat in Arteta’s various systems. I’m not sure that role would suit Saka imo.
Yeah starting out central and in the pockets but drifting to wide areas is the role I see him excelling at long term.

If he did play LW I could see Mikel flipping the system around so that Raph becomes the goal threat. Tbh the potential front line doesn’t actually seem that balanced, both Saka and Raphinha are more playmakers than goalscorers. We can cross that bridge when it comes I guess.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
That twitter account is dealing some hard truths that A-M aren’t ready for thiugh.
The hard truth that Raphinha is better than Saka? Hmmm, not sure I buy that one tbh and I like Raphinha as a player.

Saka is still only 20 and he's won an FA Cup, reached a Euro's finals and posted an 11 goal / 7 assist season. That's absolutely elite. Raphinha wasn't even playing professional club football at Saka's age.

If Raph gets an 18 G+A season next year with Arsenal then we're all going to be very happy.

Was reported to have rejected a €19M/year contract to stay. Can see why that would immediately end any interest.

Long term Raphinha is cheaper and less risk. Gnabry will need to be forced out anyway. Guy just needs to have a decent WC to earn himself a 50M+ payday.
I get it. Right player, wrong time. Would probably achieve legendary status if he'd come home though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom