• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Anyone who says Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo are the best every are either lying or never seen R9 before injuries ruined him, because he was the best player I've ever seen. Take the best attributes of Messi and combine them with the best of Cristiano and R9 would still be as good, if not better.
Messi and Cristiano built a career playing against dogshit defenders, half the guys in La liga that messi was humiliating were glorified part-timers.
R9 built his career destroying old school, Italian defenders, back when Serie A was known as one of the most physical leagues in world football.
Thank you for this post. The best forward I've ever seen was Ronnie R9.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think Barca may be waiting to see what happens with Dembele. If he commits I can’t see their need for Raphinha. If the Frenchman moves on, they may turn to the Zilian as a replacement. With Dembele and Ferran Torres covering that right flank bringing in Raphinha makes little sense.
They aren't moving for Raphinha even if they lose Dembele its not like they getting money from him too. If the player and his agents want to move here mean barca might just told him they can't afford the 60M€ Leeds asking. Also seem we pretty serious about it and moving quick that mean we feel the deal is close to be done.

ItaBic

i quote every single word of Malky. I'm Italian and i could see many matches of R9 1997/98 season in Inter.
i never see someone so dominant in all my life. the best i ever see by far. Messi and Cr7 never had some peaks as had R9 pre injuries (1995 last year in psv, barca and first inter years till 1999) . and as said Malky, italian defenders of that years were superphisical and very strong.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Talking to a few friends this morning about the possibility of playing Raphinha in different roles if we do manage to him, I wonder how many people feel like he could have potential centrally ? Whether thats rotating spontaneously with Jesus during games or possibly being groomed as a forward in the way some expected Martinelli to be. On paper he'd possibly have potential to be a similar forward to Auba with maybe slightly less pace but better hold-up play, although I've admittedly never seen him in that role. This is all if Jesus doesn't turn out to be the striker we want him to be of course, food for thought while we wait it all out at least.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
They aren't moving for Raphinha even if they lose Dembele its not like they getting money from him too. If the player and his agents want to move here mean barca might just told him they can't afford the 60M€ Leeds asking. Also seem we pretty serious about it and moving quick that mean we feel the deal is close to be done.

I too think in the end we’ll get him if we pay up.

Pulp

Never underestimate the dodgy financials of the Spanish super clubs. Barcelona have made deals that seem impossible before, so I wouldnt count them out.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Linked to Barcelona, linked to The Arsenal.

Imagine if Raphinha doesn't get a move this summer and is stuck in Yorkshire for another season :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
How much money we making from sales you think? Kind of looks like it doesn't even matter
My guess was a minimum of £90m. It depends how determined we are to accept "insulting" offers or to get certain players out of the club. I think this is the season to clear the decks instead of stockpiling players Arteta won't play.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Anyone who says Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo are the best ever are either lying or never seen R9 before injuries ruined him, because he was the best player I've ever seen. Take the best attributes of Messi and combine them with the best of Cristiano and R9 would still be as good, if not better.
Messi and Cristiano built a career playing against dogshit defenders, half the guys in La liga that messi was humiliating were glorified part-timers.
R9 built his career destroying old school, Italian defenders, back when Serie A was known as one of the most physical leagues in world football.
You see the old footage and you think god who are these farmers R9 is humiliating? Oh hello mr Desailly, Maldini, Davids, Ferrara, Deschamps, Cannavaro, Thuram, Cafu, Nesta, I heard u guys were good but Ronaldo makes you look like amateurs :cool:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Nah just 2 ballon d'ors, a World Cup golden ball and 10 fewer goals in over 200 less matches. Please, keep digging.

I genuinely wonder if you're old enough to have watched Henry at Arsenal. Henry should have at least 1 Belloon Dor, and you could argue up to 5. While both at their peaks he was comparable to Ronaldo in terms of goal scoring but offered far more in terms of assists for his team.

He wasn't quite as good in the World Cup granted but that was partly tactical. Zidane's ball hogging didn't mesh with Thierry's game and Bergkamp and Cesc got far more out of him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Why are we even after him? Gnabry is twice, maybe even thrice the player, is experienced, a former gunner, and a serial winner. He'd also not affect Saka's best positioning. Someone tell me just why we are so crazy after the twerker!?
No proof, only rumours but I think Gnabry wants over 200k in wages, is angling for a better contract with Bayern or hoping for a free transfer to Madrid next year.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You see the old footage and you think god who are these farmers R9 is humiliating? Oh hello mr Desailly, Maldini, Davids, Ferrara, Deschamps, Cannavaro, Thuram, Cafu, Nesta, I heard u guys were good but Ronaldo makes you look like amateurs :cool:
It's still crazy to me that him and Ronaldinho are 6 ft tall. The balance, strength, pace and power was insane.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I genuinely wonder if you're old enough to have watched Henry at Arsenal. Henry should have at least 1 Belloon Dor, and you could argue up to 5. While both at their peaks he was comparable to Ronaldo in terms of goal scoring but offered far more in terms of assists for his team.

If you're old enough to watch Ronaldo, you're old enough to have seen Henry :lol:

Not sure what you hope to achieve to come on an Arsenal forum and try and convince a bunch of Arsenal fans that one of their most significant legends is worlds away from another icon in the game though.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Anyone who says Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo are the best ever are either lying or never seen R9 before injuries ruined him, because he was the best player I've ever seen. Take the best attributes of Messi and combine them with the best of Cristiano and R9 would still be as good, if not better.
With regard to CR7, I concur, he's only ahead of R9 because of longevity. But Messi does have something over R9 as a player, and that is playmaking. Prime R9 was a more dangerous striker, but Messi is just as potent of an attacking threat overall, if not slightly better.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
If you're old enough to watch Ronaldo, you're old enough to have seen Henry :lol:

Not sure what you hope to achieve to come on an Arsenal forum and try and convince a bunch of Arsenal fans that one of their most significant legends is worlds away from another icon in the game though.

I just find the idea of considering R9 to be way above TH14 to be bizzare to anyone who'd watched them at the same time at club level. The only argument is R9 may have had higher potentially that he didn't realise for the most part.

I can only imagine it's a younger fan who didn't watch both at club level.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wasn't trying to bait you out on Saka, you responded to a Twitter link with some stats comparing Saka unfavorably to Raphinha. Unless I read it wrong there wasn't anything mentioning left vs right sided play so the comment about "AM being in for some hard truths" seemed logically about the comparison between the two.

I see Raphinha and Saka as very similar players stylistically so whether one plays left or right doesn't seem like much of a hard truth either. Both give you better crossing from one side (left) and better productivity / shooting from the other. Considering they are both putting up similar numbers I don't think there's much in it either way.

On the rest of your post - yes, elite potential that's right. 11 goals & 7 assists from the wing for a 20 year old is elite potential. I thought that was obvious?

Pepe - agree with you, he's been hard done by here. Chaotic player but never really given a chance and has put up good numbers when he's been played.
I agreed with the majority of the attributes in which that person said Raphinha was better and the notion that Raphinha would get to play on the right more than Saka would.

I see why you thought what you thought though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom