• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
If we can sign the likes Özil, Alexis, PEA and Gabriel Jeus then we can sign Bellingham.

If we have bid £80m on two postions that we don't even need in a RW and CB this summer than we have enough money for Bellingham.

If we can pay players as poor as Bellerin a 100k and Partey 200k than we can get Bellingham if we really wanted.
You don't realise how much of a hit our reputation has taken.

Bellingham, yes, even that unproven child, would laugh at the notion of joining us.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I’d bring in someone like Paqueta after missing out on Raphinha. Let Vieira primarily play on the right and get some real quality for the midfield.

That Martin Terrier looks quite decent, LW/CF as well so probably makes more sense. Issue is he's only hade one genuine good goal-scoring season at 25.

Plenty of options though out there so ideally, the club has some decent back up which there is, or strengthen strongly elsewhere.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yesterday was an abject lesson on why you don't faf around in negotiations. Leeds have mentioned for sometime what they viewed as ideal compensation for Raphinha, yet are opening bid was extremely derisive!

If you want a player, you don't need to go to the actual amount but certainly close enough to it to get the selling club to the table!

The idea of Raphinha slumming it at Arsenal never made sense. Chelsea are going to be fighting on all fronts for the most prestigious trophies whilst we edit our excel sheets on a weekly basis to determine which games will be free-hits?!

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Pedro Goncalves looks decent as well, can finish his dinner but doesn't look the quickest. Quite like these lads from the Portuguese league.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I like him, hits balls into the corners. Think he'd be better than Raphinhagn.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
If we can sign the likes Özil, Alexis, PEA and Gabriel Jeus then we can sign Bellingham.

If we have bid £80m on two postions that we don't even need in a RW and CB this summer than we have enough money for Bellingham.

If we can pay players as poor as Bellerin a 100k and Partey 200k than we can get Bellingham if we really wanted.
Jesus isn’t the reputation of player the others were, and our rep is even lower than when we signed Auba.

Each of those signings pretty much fell into our lap where we took advantage of the situation. This won’t happen with Bellingham who is one of the most highly sought after young prospects around.

Also, very importantly, we don‘t have the ace up our sleeve in a world class manager with a big reputation, a la Wenger, who has significant pull.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He is a strictly a right winger. I wonder if we are preparing to sell saka

Maybe not now but in a couple of season's he'll be a distant memory.

He's too good of a player to be stuck playing turgid Tets-style football.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I do like Martin Terrier tbh. He has goals in him. But it seems for whatever reason Arteta wants raphina who is more of a creator

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
He is a strictly a right winger. I wonder if we are preparing to sell saka
If a winger can play LW and RW, i propose Moussa Diaby. He has the same price like Raphinha, but i'm scared he will be flop like Sancho, Pulisic .

1st option: a winger can play LW and ST with G.Jesus can plat at RW if Saka is not fit => Richarlison
2nd option: a winger can play LW and RW => M.Diaby, Gnabry

Did we link with Bowen and Raphinha at the same time?

For me M.Diaby is a profile similar than Raphinha but ... maybe he will become another H.Son or another Sancho, Pulisic

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was massively overrated. Glad we didn’t push the boat out for him. If his name was Jamie Nesbit nobody would have cared. So glad I’m sitting here having not wanted him rather than saying we didn’t deserve him or he’s too good for us or whatever. Place is like a menstruation party for bipolar trans ladies. Remain calm.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If a winger can play LW and RW, i propose Moussa Diaby. He has the same price like Raphinha, but i'm scared he will be flop like Sancho, Pulisic .

1st option: a winger can play LW and ST with G.Jesus can plat at RW if Saka is not fit => Richarlison
2nd option: a winger can play LW and RW => M.Diaby, Gnabry

Did we link with Bowen and Raphinha at the same time?

For me M.Diaby is a profile similar than Raphinha but ... maybe he will become another H.Son or another Sancho, Pulisic
I feel like repeating myself and people think I’m joking. Forget about black French players under Arteta. It ain’t gonna happen. He was bullied early in his career in France and he will never get over it

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Jesus isn’t the reputation of player the others were, and our rep is even lower than when we signed Auba.

Each of those signings pretty much fell into our lap where we took advantage of the situation. This won’t happen with Bellingham who is one of the most highly sought after young prospects around.

Also, very importantly, we don‘t have the ace up our sleeve in a world class manager with a big reputation, a la Wenger, who has significant pull.

We don't have have world class proven Manager but we do have **** load playe
Rep on what? Football manager or Twitter.

All clubs care about is how high amount the transfer fee they get for player.

It's rare that a player opts for a lower wage, lower signing on fee and lower agent fee in this day and age.

If we pay the fees that we have done in past and seem willing to do this summer plus pay Bellingham a Partey like wage (nevermind PEA wage or even Özil) with Kia or Mino or Jorge like agent fees that we have done to all three agents. Do you really think Bellingham opt against signing with us due to what some fifa playing teenagers will say on twitter?

I don't.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Raphina is a good player and I am disappointed, especially to lose out to Chelsea but it's not the end of the World.

I would put faith in Martinelli and ESR and put the money into a goal scoring 8, Paqueta being top of my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom