• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's play Aubamawang

I like Raphinha but I would still prefer Gnabry if he is available. It sucks that he is going to Chelsea, but if he's going to cost around £65m I would prefer we focus on other areas in more urgent need of strengthening such as LB, RB, Partey cover, etc. The money can only go so far. Heck, maybe Nelson comes back with a fire under his ass and proves himself worthy of being in the rotation?

mpower2540

Who are these better players that we could possibly get? The guy is PL proven, tremendous 1 on 1 dribbler, great crosser of the ball, can take free kicks/set pieces and often makes the right pass in the key situations. The better ones are already at top clubs, I can’t think of many wingers who we could get that were a safer bet to hit the ground running than Raphina.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We're not allowed to have explosive, talented dribblers at Arsenal. We almost never have them.

Boring, **** attacking play that's as exhausting to watch as it must be executing it as usual.

Saka, Martinelli, Pepe and in the past Alexis???All excellent dribblers.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Trusted by our manager to do what? Cause Pepe is not good enough to be a starter but he's more than good enough to be a second choice. The gap between him and Saka isn't like super huge, if you tell me Pepe is so bad we can't have him as backup then Saka isn't good enough to be first choice either.

Maybe Arteta should learn to trust his players more rather than think he can throw his toys out of his pram without consequences.

Are we talking about Pepe or a new player that we bought? I’m confused here because I’m sure many on here came to a consensus that he’s not good enough as a second choice after he came on and gave the ball away needlessly/scrutinised for the wrong decisions in his short cameos towards the end of the season.

Pepe should have some ambition and play regularly rather than just linger around as he’s clearly not rated at the club. Do you think a player like Auba would stick around if he was here to be a “back up”? I honestly think Xhaka wouldn’t even do that imo. Like I said previously, best thing for Pepe would be to start from scratch at a lower team and build his rep again.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Is Raphina better than either Martinelli or ESR? That's certainly debatable and our younger two certainly have more potential and higher celling.

It's not even a close.

Raphinha was one of the hottest winger in the league last season.
And with the potential and higher celling, I don't agree at all. Raphinha is crazy talented. Whether he gets a better career than ESR / Martinelli isn't sure, but in term of raw pure talent, Raphinha is ahead of them.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
We don't have have world class proven Manager but we do have **** load playe
Rep on what? Football manager or Twitter.

All clubs care about is how high amount the transfer fee they get for player.

It's rare that a player opts for a lower wage, lower signing on fee and lower agent fee in this day and age.

If we pay the fees that we have done in past and seem willing to do this summer plus pay Bellingham a Partey like wage (nevermind PEA wage or even Özil) with Kia or Mino or Jorge like agent fees that we have done to all three agents. Do you really think Bellingham opt against signing with us due to what some fifa playing teenagers will say on twitter?

I don't.
No amount of money we’d realistically pay would sway him to join us in our current state.

Do you honestly think he’d choose us over the likes of Real Madrid or Liverpool (who he’s been heavily linked with) who’ll offer him comparable wages at worst, the opportunity to play alongside the world’s best players under a world class manager, and the chance to win every major trophy possible? Because that’s what they can offer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Has he actually signed for Chelsea? If he hasnt then its not over until its over.

Mitch

It's not even a close.

Raphinha was one of the hottest winger in the league last season.
And with the potential and higher celling, I don't agree at all. Raphinha is crazy talented. Whether he gets a better career than ESR / Martinelli isn't sure, but in term of raw pure talent, Raphinha is ahead of them.

Yet Raphina only managed one goal more than ESR despite playing over thousand more minutes in league.

Marinelli like Raphina is in the Brazil squad and was behind combined goals and assists by 2 despite playing over 1100 minutes less.

Raphina is 4 years older than both ESR and Martinelli.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Is Raphina better than either Martinelli or ESR? That's certainly debatable and our younger two certainly have more potential and higher celling.
He's definitely better than them, much more technically capable. Martinelli does have the potential to get there, though.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I like Raphinha but I would still prefer Gnabry if he is available. It sucks that he is going to Chelsea, but if he's going to cost around £65m I would prefer we focus on other areas in more urgent need of strengthening such as LB, RB, Partey cover, etc. The money can only go so far. Heck, maybe Nelson comes back with a fire under his ass and proves himself worthy of being in the rotation?

How is £65M too much? I don't get it.
Last year we paid £50M for Ben White, while he's a good player, he's nowhere near worth the money we paid, even with the english tax included. We massively overpaid for him, but that's the market, and at the end of the day, we don't regret it.

So £65M for one of the best offensive player in the league that isn't playing for a top 4 club, isn't a stretch, at all.

About LB and RB being more important, I really don't agree. Last year what killed us was our lack of goals at important moment of the season.
We are going to loose Pepe, Auba, and Laca in less than a year span. We brought in only Jesus so far. One player won't be enough, even though I rate him. And we're playing one more competition than last year. We all saw last season how it ended with Saka and Martinelli being completly gased out because we relied on them so much.

Bringing another offensive player that can bring you 15 G/A in the league is a must. Whether it's a scoring winger, or a striker, I don't care. You can still bring a striker in and move Jesus wide.

But if we're getting only Jesus in a 55 goal/season team, there's no chance we would bridge the gap with the competition. It would be sabotage and ****. We would be one injury away from Saka or Jesus to see our season end.

I'd rather see another season of Cedric and Tavares, than a toothless team that can't score goal and create opportunities to save their lives.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
ESR (64%), Saka (49%) and Martinelli (52%) all have a better successful dribble % than Raphinha (40%) they just don’t attempt as many.
Fair enough but the attempting counts for a lot.

We don't have that X-factor do drag us out of the mud when the system isn't functioning against difficult defences.

That's the difference between us and the Top 4 teams.

Mitch

No amount of money we’d realistically pay would sway him to join us in our current state.

Do you honestly think he’d choose us over the likes of Real Madrid or Liverpool (who he’s been heavily linked with) who’ll offer him comparable wages at worst, the opportunity to play alongside the world’s best players under a world class manager, and the chance to win every major trophy possible? Because that’s what they can offer.

Liverpool highest paid player is on 220k. Arsenal have had 2 players in the recent past on over 300k.

I'm not saying Bellingham is worth that amount but we have resources to gazump big clubs (with exception of the oil clubs).

As you said Madrid and Madrid haven't made any bids yet and aren't planing to untill next year.

Bellingham just over 80k and if choose to act and really push for it, we could potentially get him and don't see this as unrealistic as we sign players with bigger reps on higher wages.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Has he actually signed for Chelsea? If he hasnt then its not over until its over.
We won't come back with another bid. If we submit another, and Raphinha has to choose between Chelsea and us. He prefers Chelsea and chooses them over us, it will more hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom