• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I was hoping we may have gone for Olise last season. I just read he was an Arsenal youth player, I didn't know that. His value will only climb in the next few seasons.
We screwed up by not signing him last season. Many of us here were clamoring for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If today Chelsea not agreed any personal term this is really stalled and he waiting for barca cash injection 1st of July so they can complete the deal

Goonger

So it seems Raphinha's priority above everything is to get to Barcelona.

If we really do want him, and are struggling for alternatives, why not use that to our advantage? Point out Barca aren't making him a priority right now, & how difficult it would be to move there from Chelsea. Offer to put some sort of release clause applicable to Barca only for x amount if they ever do make him their priority.

Don't usually like those sort of deals, but we get the player we wanted, he gets a big move without seeing a future move to Barca totally shut in his face, we can analyse the market and also analyse Jesus to see how he cuts it as a 9. If he doesn't we can move him wide and target that physical forward we all would like.

Just a thought.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we really do want him, and are struggling for alternatives, why not use that to our advantage? Point out Barca aren't making him a priority right now, & how difficult it would be to move there from Chelsea. Offer to put some sort of release clause applicable to Barca only for x amount if they ever do make him their priority.

Don't usually like those sort of deals, but we get the player we wanted, he gets a big move without seeing a future move to Barca totally shut in his face, we can analyse the market and also analyse Jesus to see how he cuts it as a 9. If he doesn't we can move him wide and target that physical forward we all would like.

Just a thought.
We could also show how nicely we sold Cesc to Barcelona for cheap.

But seriously, surely a big club doesn't want to integrate a player only to lose him next season for cheap for example. Too much uncertainty for squad planning.

Raphinha wants UCL and we see two teams that are above us currently, so naturally he will choose them unless he is some ultimate Arsenal fan. He might be bigger Arsenal fan than Chelsea, but that's not really what matters the most to players and their careers.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Just a thought.
He 26 years old if we put release clause it'll be no lower than 50m i believe barca won't activate that because they'll likely target younger wingers at similar price range . If nothing happen i can see him staying and Leeds and sign for barca next season but the signs look going to barca favor they looo capable of completing it now.

ash_rasul

He 26 years old if we put release clause it'll be no lower than 50m i believe barca won't activate that because they'll likely target younger wingers at similar price range . If nothing happen i can see him staying and Leeds and sign for barca next season but the signs look going to barca favor they looo capable of completing it now.
Yeah he can go to Barca, he's sh!t anyway 😭

Goonger

We could also show how nicely we sold Cesc to Barcelona for cheap.

But seriously, surely a big club doesn't want to integrate a player only to lose him next season for cheap for example. Too much uncertainty for squad planning.

Raphinha wants UCL and we see two teams that are above us currently, so naturally he will choose them unless he is some ultimate Arsenal fan. He might be bigger Arsenal fan than Chelsea, but that's not really what matters the most to players and their careers.

You normally wouldn't, but was just a thought. It would mean Barca still being interested next season, then finding say £50M to activate the clause anyway, so still caveats there.

Anyway, it looks like a long shot anyway. Lets just see what alternatives they come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom