• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rate our 2016 signings so far.

WhatAFC

Wenger doesn't trust Perez, it's as clear as day.
Alexis has been on fire, Walcott was banging goals in when perez first joined. His 2 preferred positions were occupied by our most productive, in form players. Then he picked up and injury and only came back from it a few weeks ago. Doesn't scream lack of trust to me.

reed

Alexis has been on fire, Walcott was banging goals in when perez first joined. His 2 preferred positions were occupied by our most productive, in form players. Then he picked up and injury and only came back from it a few weeks ago. Doesn't scream lack of trust to me.
I dunno, playing the likes of Iwobi and Ox ahead of Perez is looks like the lack of trust/quality to me.

Hyruga

Xhaka 6/10
Based on price tag, he doesn't seem that worth it. He's too defensive.

Elneny 6/10
10 mil.

Lucas 6/10

Mustafi 7/10
Still need to judge further

Holding 5/10

Asano 2/10
Buy him to destroy his career? He came because he didn't feel like playing? Feel like becoming a coach next time with his resume at Arsenal?

BBF

Elneny: 3/10. Nothing player. Recycles the ball but average at everything else on a good day.

Holding: 7/10. Good signing. Looks mature and has a defensive head on him

Mustafi: 8/10. Great signing. We look a lot stronger with him in the squad

Xhaka: 6/10. Decent player. Not hit the ground running but the talent is there.

Lucas: 5/10. Looks good, but ultimately a squad filler and another failed experimental signing

Asano 3/10. Waste of a signing. He won't even get into the squad on a regular basis here.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Have to say I am shocked about the negative opinions about Xhaka considering his indvidual performances so far and what I considered to be his obvious talent.

It seems a lot of people are hung up on his lack of pace. I've never understood this considering the majority of the great CM's lack pace (his comparable style of midfielders such as Alonso, Pirlo, Petit, Albertini and schweinsteiger all did) as it's a postion which doesnt require it, more important is the technical and tactical talents which Xhaka clearly has in abundance (however it does go some way to explaining why people have Bellerin in such high regard).

I'd say his (unjustified) red card vs Swansea really confirmed people's fears about him being a "hot head", "reckless" etc etc and now it's just confirmation bias.

The pace issue is also significantly overblown.

blaise

Wow for the people slaying Asano, ok it is Bundesliga 2 but guy practically became a starter immediately there after changing continents, culture everything. Most of our loanees during the years could barely get a loan like that, let alone start and contribute there.

Perez, definetely a bit worried there, so far looks a new Welbeck, hopefully gets more minutes to prove himself

Holding looking like a bargain, looking settled there now for years

El nenny useful squad player, if he had a bit agressivnes in him I d say very good option from the bech, like this there is always a bit of meh feeling, like with Arsenal in general

Mustafi, makes mistakes but just picks himself up and continues, top addition, not much to say there

Xhaka, as I said in other threads I expect him to get to some level by the end of the season. Wenger also doesnt make it easy on him with our setups but he obviously had the idea to ease him in during the season. We all know how that ended. For me bigger problem than Xhaka are our other options who all have some big deficiencies and dont have another level in their dreams so Wenger should be doing much better there to hide it in the system. This is not good enough

Tom9

I dunno, playing the likes of Iwobi and Ox ahead of Perez is looks like the lack of trust/quality to me.

They are played for more control in the final third. Can't play with Perez-Alexis-Walcott and expect to control the ball in the final third. Ideally we would have ended up with someone like Rues who can do both.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I know we supposedly watched Xhaka a lot, but Mustafi must've been picked out from the software? I mean obviously they watched him a bit but i'm guessing that (StatDNA) was what got their attention.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom