• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Özil? Yes.

Sanchez? No chance.

The only thing going our way with regards to Sanchez is the fact that there are no clubs in desperate need of his services. For example, I just don't see how he would fit in at City, the only reason they'd go for him is because they could not because they need him.
I think Sanchez just needs to be on a team where he feels like everybody is as focused on winning as he is. Özil could stay on with Wenger here, Sanchez and Wenger's relationship seems damaged beyond repair.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
="yousif_arsenal, post: 4463163, member: 28884"]Pretty sure Wenger is going this summer we are preparing to be without him. Smart deals from Ivan.

Must admit my respect for bald people getting higher

Pretty sure this is so he gets a a full season with Wenger, same with the Dortmund guy, gives them a year to settle in ready for the Boss's departure end of 18/19.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Pretty sure this is so he gets a a full season with Wenger, same with the Dortmund guy, gives them a year to settle in ready for the Boss's departure end of 18/19.

one more year in the same vein would gut all fans and totally alienate a big chunk

MINIMUM for him to stay on is UEFA and FA and fourth, and neither of those are a given

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
"But when asked if Mislintat would be working mostly with Gazidis or himself, Wenger was quick to tell reporters: "With me. Ivan has nothing to do with buying players."

Guess Piet was right.

Anyone else feel like these changes were the reason Wenger took so long over signing a new contract? It sounds like this is something he has been pushing for.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Anyone else feel like these changes were the reason Wenger took so long over signing a new contract? It sounds like this is something he has been pushing for.

Definitely think along those lines , those Burgess and Sven were ones that he identified and he's known Sanllehi for awhile now .

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol he was asking “what’s the director of football? Do they direct which way the football goes?” So I somehow doubt it is something he wanted. In fact I’m sure he didn’t considering how long he’s been in management without these sort of roles in place.

Maybe he agreed to it if it was on his terms or people he handpicked or something.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lol he was asking “what’s the director of football? Do they direct which way the football goes?” So I somehow doubt it is something he wanted. In fact I’m sure he didn’t considering how long he’s been in management without these sort of roles in place.

Maybe he agreed to it if it was on his terms or people he handpicked or something.

Sanllehi is not a director of football though .

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t even know or care who he is (don’t think it will make any different at all)

More referring to Wenger’s suspected attitude towards additional backroom staff of that nature.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sanllehie will network with agents, other clubs etc, and look to close deals with players as part of his gig?

Think this has been one of the biggest issues at Arsenal post Dein, who was regarded as one of the smoothest operators in world football.

GunnerUK

I’m sure this is absolutely fine with the majority of Arsenal fans providing we keep scouting excellent young talent, finding players who cost little but bolster excellent talent and once a while sign a well established World Class player to get us excited eg: Lacazette, Aubamyeang.

We need competence at board level too. Paying market rate wages, Contract negotiations planned well in advance and not letting out best talent run into final year, identify the stand out young scouted talent and get deals done.

No more stories like “we missed out on Ronaldo cause of £100k” or “ we was in advanced negotiations with Mbappe’s father”

Aevi

Hale End FC
Longer snippet here. Seems we aren't going to be making any big first-team upgrades in January unless it's an emergency.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Longer snippet here. Seems we aren't going to be making any big first-team upgrades in January unless it's an emergency.
I think that's probably not a big deal. The squad - while lacking certain elements - is strong enough at the top of the field, it's just organizing our game everywhere else to bolster the current results we've been getting.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yet to be convinced by this double act, I mean it hardly rolls of the tongue does it. They say they’ve known each other for 7 years so hopefully there is a good understanding there, but on the face of it it looks like two people thrust together and given the keys to the house when neither expected it.

Also, who represents us? At an executive level a club of our size needs representation at Uefa meetings and so on, who does that now? Do any other clubs operate with such a shared model?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yet to be convinced by this double act, I mean it hardly rolls of the tongue does it. They say they’ve known each other for 7 years so hopefully there is a good understanding there, but on the face of it it looks like two people thrust together and given the keys to the house when neither expected it.

Also, who represents us? At an executive level a club of our size needs representation at Uefa meetings and so on, who does that now? Do any other clubs operate with such a shared model?
Raul will be the main man IMO. He's basically a director of football. He's not got that exact title but that's what he is - I'd imagine he's the authority on all football matters currently. And he had that title at basically one of the most successful clubs of the last decade. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom