• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was a complete arse. Blowing kisses to Pires at Elland Road etc Pires was about to after him, but was held back.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/oleary-in-pires-bustup-26105344.html

I am surprised that people have so easily forgotten what a total team of ****s Leeds were, and with O'Leary as their manager...

By all means, get a former Arsenal player on the board, but David O'Leary can **** right off.
O’Leary is a legend, what happened in the heat of battle when he was at Leeds is neither here or there, as far as I’m concerned.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not that I want him here. He’s been out of the game for a long time, and who knows what ideas he has.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He was a complete arse. Blowing kisses to Pires at Elland Road etc Pires was about to after him, but was held back.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/oleary-in-pires-bustup-26105344.html

I am surprised that people have so easily forgotten what a total team of ****s Leeds were, and with O'Leary as their manager...

By all means, get a former Arsenal player on the board, but David O'Leary can **** right off.
O’Leary was a saint compared to Mourinho and some want him here!

Chaoz_Enigma

plenty of people who are die hard Arsenal, but would still take this club to the bottom. Sadly, love is not that important in world of business
Look transfer biz is good in the summer. Imo on paper we have solid backroom staffs and good management for streamlining the staffs. Operational wise they are wise.

Come to the next point, footballing wise it was dreadful. As leaders raul and vinai have to look at the big pictures and not what media and fans are saying. They may make sense but usually they make sense on short term basis.

So they have a decision to make based on sacking emery, hugely popular with short termism view and balanced with whatever they think are the cons in long term future(potential availability of other managers,destabilising teametc.)

All in all i am still in favour of giving emery time. Knee jerk reaction will get us knowhere.

blaze_of_glory

Look transfer biz is good in the summer. Imo on paper we have solid backroom staffs and good management for streamlining the staffs. Operational wise they are wise.

Come to the next point, footballing wise it was dreadful. As leaders raul and vinai have to look at the big pictures and not what media and fans are saying. They may make sense but usually they make sense on short term basis.

So they have a decision to make based on sacking emery, hugely popular with short termism view and balanced with whatever they think are the cons in long term future(potential availability of other managers,destabilising teametc.)

All in all i am still in favour of giving emery time. Knee jerk reaction will get us knowhere.
It's been nearly a season and a half with Emery. 50 games in the EPL. We're worse off than we were before he came in both in terms of position and quality of play. In fact, our best play and results came in his first three months before he fully imposed his style on the team . The longer he's been here, the worse we've gotten. Knee jerk reactions have long since passed.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Who instead? Its a shame we never had such a position for Pat Rice or Bob Wilson... 10 / 20 years ago.

Kind of perfect to have an ex Arsenal captain & appearance record holder on the board. In his early 60s seems the perfect time & you would hope a long term role.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who instead? Its a shame we never had such a position for Pat Rice or Bob Wilson... 10 / 20 years ago.

Kind of perfect to have an ex Arsenal captain & appearance record holder on the board. In his early 60s seems the perfect time & you would hope a long term role.
As football consultant? Think someone tuned in with the modern game as he’ll have input into the overall approach of hiring managers and players.

Also probably someone in line with modern Arsenal. Ideally Wenger, but why not a Bergkamp, Keown, Wright, Winterburn, Dixon, Mertesacker etc.

Anticipating how the season will end, and it will end badly Josh Kroenke has to admit that although Gazidis may have the right idea, the personal in each position is wrong and we have to sack Raul, Edu, Vinai and Emery and most of his staff and start from the scratch.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
As football consultant? Think someone tuned in with the modern game as he’ll have input into the overall approach of hiring managers and players.

Also probably someone in line with modern Arsenal. Ideally Wenger, but why not a Bergkamp, Keown, Wright, Winterburn, Dixon, Mertesacker etc.
Wenger the clear choice but had a huge role in World Football now.

I doubt he needs to be at the cutting edge just more than the rest of the board & could be the link between Edu / the board. We have the sporting director & head of football already for the day to day stuff.

The board is a bit light right now & other than the Kronkes all 77-85 years of age.
https://www.arsenal.com/the-club/corporate-info/the-arsenal-board

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

O’Leary was a saint compared to Mourinho and some want him here!

I don't think anyone has argued that Mourinho should be on the board... I have certainly argued that Mourinho could manage us. O'Leary managing us is obviously completely laughable... Him being on the board should be equally laughable.

If our goal is to get a former player on the board, and who has a connection to the fanbase, they might as well call Ian Wright, who is much closer to Arsenal fans than O'Leary could ever be.

@GDeep™ mentions other players that could well fit in, and I concur with those. Bergkamp and Keown especially.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Wenger the clear choice but had a huge role in World Football now.

I doubt he needs to be at the cutting edge just more than the rest of the board & could be the link between Edu / the board. We have the sporting director & head of football already for the day to day stuff.

The board is a bit light right now & other than the Kronkes all 77-85 years of age.
https://www.arsenal.com/the-club/corporate-info/the-arsenal-board
Look at them. All tossers.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I don't think anyone has argued that Mourinho should be on the board... I have certainly argued that Mourinho could manage us. O'Leary managing us is obviously completely laughable... Him being on the board should be equally laughable.

If our goal is to get a former player on the board, and who has a connection to the fanbase, they might as well call Ian Wright, who is much closer to Arsenal fans than O'Leary could ever be.

@GDeep™ mentions other players that could well fit in, and I concur with those. Bergkamp and Keown especially.
I dont really see how O’Leary being on the board would necessarily be a bad thing at all. An actual Arsenal loving, football loving guy could actually help matters. I compared to Mourinho as there is a general clamour for him to become manager which I personally find disgusting. I cant think of a single person that has badmouthed The club & Wenger more than anyone else in the world. His general behaviour of poking managers in the eye, falling out with players and staff screams to me a solution to only make things worse than they already are. He would do far more damage than O’Leary ever could

scytheavatar

Established Member
I dont really see how O’Leary being on the board would necessarily be a bad thing at all. An actual Arsenal loving, football loving guy could actually help matters.

Is there actually any evidence that O'Leary is an "Arsenal loving" guy? Cause people have pointed out in this thread his behaviour from his time as manager has been anything but that of someone who feels strong ties to us. I am not a fan of Raul and yet I must applaud him for keeping the likes of O'Leary from our board. There are far too many ex Arsenal players who should be considered for that boardroom position over O'Leary.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is there actually any evidence that O'Leary is an "Arsenal loving" guy? Cause people have pointed out in this thread his behaviour from his time as manager has been anything but that of someone who feels strong ties to us. I am not a fan of Raul and yet I must applaud him for keeping the likes of O'Leary from our board. There are far too many ex Arsenal players who should be considered for that boardroom position over O'Leary.

I wonder if he already has a relationship with people on the board, hence the idea of hiring him.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
He must feel some affiliation with the club given that he played over 700 games for Arsenal

Reactions: roz

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Cause people have pointed out in this thread his behaviour from his time as manager has been anything but that of someone who feels strong ties to us..
From one game where there was a bust up? What was he supposed to do as the Leeds manager? Tell everyone how much he loves Leeds and that his team were in the wrong?
If anything it says quite a lot about how passionate he is, how much he defends his players and how professional he is when he has a job to do..

Having said that, there are many better options IMO.

Top Bottom